What's the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage, and CTP insurance?
Swipe to view more
Third Party Property Damage cover
Frequently Asked Questions
- Comprehensive Car Insurance covers your car, plus damage you cause to other people’s cars or property.
- helps protect you from the cost of accidentally damaging someone else’s car or property. Damage to your own car is not covered.
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance is a mandatory policy that generally covers anyone who drives your vehicle (including yourself) for injuries caused to others in an at-fault motor accident.
Our Comprehensive Car Insurance provides you with cover for accidental damage to or theft of your car as well as damage you cause to other people's cars or property while using your car. Our Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance does not provide any cover for your own car and only covers your liability to pay compensation for damage you cause to other people’s cars or property, while using your car.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message.
Follow us on
- Driver exclusions apply if the driver is unlicensed, is not following the conditions of their license, refuses a drug or alcohol test, is under the influence of drugs or exceeds the legally allowed alcohol limit. Refer to the Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance for full driver, usage and other policy exclusions as set out in the "What's not covered" section. An additional excess applies to drivers under 25.
- We'll arrange a rental car of a similar size and type to your car after a covered collision where you are not at fault and have provided us with the at fault person's details. You'll get the rental car for as long as it takes to either fix your car, pay you the cost of repairs, or determine if your car is a total loss. If a rental car of a similar size and type (e.g. medium SUV) to your car is not available, we will pay you a travel allowance of $50 a day for as long as we would have given you a rental car. See the PDS for more details.
- If you choose this option, we will arrange a rental car of a similar size and type to your car for as long as it takes to either fix your car, pay you the cost of repairs, or determine if your car is a total loss. This will apply after any covered incident, no matter who is at fault. If a rental car of a similar size and type (e.g. medium SUV) to your car is not available, we will pay you a travel allowance of $50 a day for as long as we would have given you a rental car. See the PDS for more details.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, please consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website.(if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.