Find the cover that's right for you
Looking for CTP insurance?
We offer Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in NSW, QLD and SA.
- CTP insurance is a mandatory requirement to register your vehicle
Frequently asked questions
Understanding car insurance
There are many types of private motor vehicle insurance in Australia, such as comprehensive, third party property damage, third party property damage fire and theft, and compulsory third party (CTP) which differs in each state and territory.
We offer Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance in all states. We also offer CTP Insurance in NSW, QLD and SA.
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance is mandatory insurance that covers your liability to pay compensation if you cause injury to another person while using your car. It doesn’t cover damage to cars or property.
- helps protect you from the cost of accidentally damaging someone else’s car or property. Damage to your own car is not covered.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance covers your car, plus damage you cause to other people’s cars or property.
If you are not sure whether Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance or Comprehensive Car Insurance is best for you, visit our car insurance comparison page to find the right cover for you.
We also offer Caravan and Trailer Insurance in Australia.
Each insurance company calculates the cost of car insurance differently.
The cost of comprehensive and third party property damage car insurance is determined by a range of factors. When calculating your car insurance premium, we consider factors such as:
- the type of cover you hold
- the age, driving experience and claims history of the person who drives the car most
- the year, make and model of your car
- the location your car is parked
You can get a quote online for our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance.
Managing your policy
Understanding CTP Insurance
Claims made easy
Our friendly claims team will help you find a repairer, and keep you informed along the way.
Submit your claim online 24/7.
Call between 7:30am and 8:30pm AEDT. Outside of these hours we will have an emergency service available.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message.
Follow us on
- Driver exclusions apply if the driver is unlicensed, refuses a drug or alcohol test, is under the influence of drugs or exceeds the legally allowed alcohol limit. Refer to the Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance for full driver, usage and other policy exclusions as set out in the "What's not covered" section. An additional excess applies to drivers under 25.
- We'll arrange a rental car after a covered collision where you are not at fault and have provided us with the at fault person's details. You'll get the rental car for as long as it takes to either fix your car, pay you the cost of repairs, or determine if your car is a total loss. If a rental car of a similar size and type (e.g. medium SUV) to your car is not available, we will pay you a travel allowance of $50 a day for as long as we would have given you a rental car. See the PDS for more details.
- If you choose your own repairer, we may need a second quote from another repairer chosen by us just to make sure the quote you've received is reasonable. We may then authorise repairs, pay you reasonable repair costs or the car’s agreed value or replace your new car where policy conditions are met.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, please consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website./ . Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.