Car Insurance

Join thousands of satisfied customers across Australia who choose us

The information on this page is for customers who purchased a new policy on or after 9 September 2021.
For customers who purchased a new policy before this date, view the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
Lend a mate your keys knowing they’re covered, the same as you. Driver and usage exclusions apply.1
Take out a new policy and have the flexibility to pay your premium either annually or monthly.2
Our Comprehensive Car Insurance provides cover for electric vehicles, including your battery, charging cables, wall chargers and mounts.3
Our Comprehensive Car Insurance customers rated their claim experience 4.3 out of 5 over the last year. See more about what our customers had to say.
From Insurer of the Year to Excellence in Claims, we’re proud to have won numerous industry awards over the years.
Australian Insurance Industry Awards Finalist 2022 and Insurance Business Awards Winner 2022
Insurance Business Awards Winner 2021 and The Mansfield Awards 2021
Covers your car, plus up to $20 million for damage you cause to other people’s cars or property.
  • Covers anyone you give permission to drive your car. Driver and usage exclusions apply1
  • Rental car after a collision that wasn’t your fault and the other driver's details are provided. If we can't arrange one, get a $50 a day travel allowance4
  • Offers choice of repairer - we'll help you find one, or you can choose your own5

Covers the cost of accidentally damaging someone else’s car or property. Damage to your own car isn’t covered.

This isn’t CTP Insurance.

  • Covers anyone you give permission to drive your car. Driver and usage exclusions apply1
  • Provides up to $20 million cover for damage you cause to other people's cars or property
  • Reasonable legal costs and expenses from court proceedings due to a liability claim
This is a summary only of some of the features available in our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance policies. These features apply to customers who purchased a new policy on or after 9 September 2021. Before deciding on this insurance, carefully consider the PDS which sets out the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions.
Still not sure which option’s best for you? Take a look at our comparison table to see the benefits of both our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Insurance policies.

We offer Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in NSW, QLD and SA. CTP insurance is required to register your vehicle.

  • Provides cover for injuries caused to your passengers
  • Covers injuries caused to other road users
  • Doesn't cover damage to cars or property

We offer covers specific for business vehicles as standalone or as part of a Small Business Insurance Pack.

  • Choose between Comprehensive, Fire and Theft, or Third Party Property Damage covers
  • Provides cover for damage to third-party property
  • Cover up to 20 vehicles under one policy
Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident? Start your claim online or call 13 10 13. We have a team available 24 hours, 7 days a week to assist you.

There are many types of private motor vehicle insurance in Australia, such as comprehensive, third party property damage, third party property damage fire and theft, and compulsory third party (CTP) which differs in each state and territory.

We offer Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance in all states. We also offer CTP Insurance in NSW, QLD, and SA.

Third Party Property Damage and Comprehensive Car Insurance aren’t mandatory in Australia, but there are benefits to having them. If you choose not to take out either, you may be responsible for the cost of any damage you caused to your car or third party property.

If you aren't sure whether you need Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance or Comprehensive Car Insurance, visit our car insurance comparison page to find the right cover for you.

We also offer Caravan and Trailer Insurance in Australia.

Each insurance company calculates the cost of car insurance differently.

The cost of Allianz Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance is determined by a range of factors. When calculating your car insurance premium, we consider factors such as:

  • the type of cover you hold
  • the age, driving experience and claims history of the person who drives the car most
  • the year, make and model of your car
  • the location your car is parked

You can get your quote online for our Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance.

Excess is the amount you’ll need to pay towards the cost of a claim. Your policy documentation will show two excess amounts: Basic excess and Under 25 Driver excess. Basic excess is the amount that applies to each claim that you make. Under 25 Driver excess is an amount added to your Basic excess if the driver of your car is under the age of 25 at the time an incident occurs. You can reduce the amount of your Under 25 Driver excess by listing the youngest driver on your policy but this may also increase your premium.

If you or the driver of your car are involved in an accident and aren’t at fault and can provide us with the responsible party’s details, you may not have to pay an excess.

View the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more information about your excess.

If you have Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance, you may be able to reduce your premium by increasing your basic excess. You may have to pay a higher excess at claim time.

If you have Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance:

  • Contact police/ambulance if people are injured.
  • Record the name, address, phone number, email address, licence number, and insurer of other drivers involved.
  • Record the registration numbers, make, and model of the vehicles involved.
  • Try to get names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of witnesses.
  • Where possible, try to get photos of any damages caused and vehicles involved where it’s safe to do so.
  • If your car isn’t driveable, call us and if you have comprehensive car insurance, we’ll arrange for it to be towed somewhere safe and cover the reasonable costs of towing and storage. Make sure you have the address details so that you can let us know where your car is located.

For more information, read our article on what to do after a car accident.

If your vehicle has been stolen, report it to the police as soon as possible and record the police report number when it’s issued to you.

Once the Police have been notified, if you have Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance submit a claim online, or call our claims department on 13 10 13 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.

If you've given a family member authority and we've agreed, we're able to provide any information about your insurance policy and can action any requests on your behalf. Contact us on 13 1000 to discuss what's involved in providing family member access to your car insurance policy.
No. For customers with Allianz Comprehensive or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance, learner drivers driving the car with your permission are automatically covered when accompanied by an instructing driver holding a full, unrestricted Australian drivers licence and who meets the criteria set out by your relevant State Roads Authority. 

Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance is personal car insurance that can cover your vehicle for private use, with occasional and limited business use. Depending on the type of business use, Comprehensive Car Insurance may provide cover if you use the same car for both personal and business purposes. Note: we don’t offer cover for cars used for ride share or car share.

Commercial Vehicle Insurance is specifically designed to provide cover for vehicles used for business purposes. It generally provides broader coverage for commercial vehicles, such as for cars, trucks, forklifts, diggers, and trailers, that may not be typically included in a personal car insurance policy.

For more information, see our article Personal vs commercial vehicle insurance for businesses.

Please refer to the relevant PDS or contact us on 13 1000 if you require more information.

  1. Driver exclusions apply if the driver is unlicensed, is not following the conditions of their license, refuses a drug or alcohol test, is under the influence of drugs or exceeds the legally allowed alcohol limit. Refer to the Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance PDS for full driver, usage and other policy exclusions as set out in the "What's not covered" section. An additional excess applies to drivers under 25.

  2. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Financial institution transaction fees may apply.

  3. EV charging accessories, including charging cables, wall chargers, and mounts, must be owned by the insured.

  4. We'll arrange a rental car of a similar size and type to your car after a covered collision where you are not at fault and have provided us with the at fault person's details. You'll get the rental car for as long as it takes to either fix your car, pay you the cost of repairs, or determine if your car is a total loss. If a rental car of a similar size and type (e.g. medium SUV) to your car is not available, we will pay you a travel allowance of $50 a day for as long as we would have given you a rental car. See the PDS for more details.

  5. If you choose your own repairer, we may need a second quote from another repairer chosen by us just to make sure the quote you've received is reasonable. We may then authorise repairs, pay you reasonable repair costs or the car’s agreed value or replace your new car where policy conditions are met.

Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording and Supplementary PDS (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and Target Market Determination (TMD) for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.