What you need to get started
How does it work?
Did you know?
Make a claim at any time
We finalised 155,000 Comprehensive Car Insurance claims in 2022 to help keep you moving
Frequently asked questions
An excess is the amount you will need to contribute towards a claim. All applicable excesses for Allianz comprehensive or third party property damage car insurance are shown in your policy documentation. Where you or the driver of your car are involved in an accident and are deemed to be not at fault and you can provide us with the responsible party’s details, you may not have to pay an excess. Please refer to your PDS for more information.
Our claims team will always advise you when you will need to pay an excess and how it can be paid. If you are unsure about your claim, or have any queries about our claims process, please contact our claims team on 13 10 13.
- Contact police / ambulance if people are injured.
- Record the name, address, phone number, email address, licence number and insurer of other drivers involved, the registration numbers and make and model of the vehicles involved.
- Try to get names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of witnesses.
- Where possible try to get photos of any damages caused and vehicles involved where it’s safe to do so.
- If your car is not driveable, call us and if you have comprehensive car insurance we’ll arrange for it to be towed somewhere safe and cover the reasonable costs of towing and storage. Make sure you have the address details so that you can let us know where your car is located.
- Report that your vehicle has been stolen to the police as soon as possible and record the police report number when it is issued to you.
- Once the Police have been notified, if you have Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance submit a claim online, or call our claims department on 13 10 13 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.
If you have Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance and your car is repairable you can choose your own repairer, or you can use one of our selected repairers. We may authorise repairs, pay you reasonable repair costs or the car's agreed value or replace your new car where policy conditions are met.
For help finding a repairer, start your claim online, or call us on and one of our friendly claims service consultants will take you through the claims process.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.