What is Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
Our Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance is designed to help your business cover the costs that may arise from events such as accidental damage to, or theft of, your business vehicles, such as cars, vans, utes and light trucks.
Cover up to two vehicles online with your Public and Products Liability Insurance as part of a Business Insurance Pack, or call us if you need cover for up to 20 vehicles.
Helpful tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business purposes? Your personal car insurance may not cover you for damage to third-party property – or your own vehicle – when used in relation to your business. Check your personal car policy to see if you’re covered.
You can cover up to 2 online or call us to insure up to 20 vehicles as part of a Business Insurance Pack or through standalone Commercial Motor Insurance.
What our Commercial Vehicle Insurance covers
What Comprehensive covers
What Fire and Theft covers
What Third Party Property Damage covers
What’s not covered
What’s not covered
Do you need Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance?
Our Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance may be beneficial if your business carries out the following activities:
- Client visits
- Mobile business
- Delivering products or materials in connection with your business activities
- Transportation of equipment for business use
Swipe to view more
Fire and Theft cover
Third Party Property Damage cover
Events: accidental damage including damage caused by fire, hail, flood, storm, earthquake; or theft, or malicious damage
Market value or sum insured, whichever is the lesser; or agreed value
Up to the lesser of market value or $5,000
See Damage by uninsured motorists
Why choose us?
Instant Certificate of Currency
Pay monthly at no extra charge2
Australian-based Business specialists
Ready to get started?
Frequently asked questions
There are many variable factors that go into determining the price for Commercial Vehicle Insurance, including (but not limited to):
- Where the vehicle’s located
- Driving history and experience
- Claims and accident history
- Type of vehicle and its conditions, and accessories and modifications
- Type and amount of cover required and excesses
There are two ways to get Commercial Vehicle Insurance4:
- Through our Business Insurance Pack policy designed to be your one-stop-shop for common business insurance risks, or
- A standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy
Theoffers a range of small business insurances, allowing you to choose the covers that suit your business needs. In order to buy Commercial Vehicle Cover as part of our Business Insurance Pack, you must buy or Commercial Property Insurance and add on Commercial Vehicle Cover.
Get a quote for up to two commercial vehicles online now. For standalone Commercial Motor Insurance for up to 20 vehicles, call our team of Australian-based Business specialists on.
Vehicles we don’t cover under the policy include (but are not limited to):
- Taxis and former taxis
- Driving instructor vehicles
- Ambulances and fire brigade vehicles
- Vehicles carting asbestos
- Grey imports (vehicles that have been imported into Australia by someone other than the vehicle’s manufacturer or their approved distributor)
- Mining machinery and vehicles working underground
- Hire vehicles
- Security company vehicles
- Couriers and taxi trucks
- Mobile cranes and hook risks
- Long haulage vehicles
- Heavy vehicles with drivers aged under 25 years
- Vehicles that are over 30 years old (unless under Third Party Property Damage cover)
- Vehicles used for carrying passengers for hire or reward e.g. buses, ride share.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
- Uninsured motorists
Cover up to $10,000 is only applicable to a standalone Commercial Motor policy. A limit of $5,000 applies to the equivalent benefit in the Commercial Vehicle section of the Business Insurance Pack.
- Pay by the month (Payment instalments)
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards and downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
IBA General Insurer Claims Team of the Year in 2021.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Commercial Vehicle cover is only available to buy under the Business Insurance Pack if you also buy Public and Products Liability Insurance or Commercial Property Insurance under the same policy.
If you don’t need Public and Products Liability insurance, we offer a standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy that you can consider instead. For a standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy, call our team of Australian-based Business specialists on.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.