If you’re looking for an international travel insurance quote, Comprehensive Travel Insurance is the highest level of cover offered by Allianz, with a wide range of policy benefits for single trip cover. You can choose between single, duo, and family plans with the option to cover dependants accompanying you for the entire trip.1
What is Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance?
We offer travel insurance options that include COVID-19 benefits for things like trip cancellation and overseas medical and hospital expenses if you contract COVID‑192 during the period of cover.
What our Comprehensive Travel Insurance offers
Benefits we offer
- The compensation (including legal costs) awarded against you
- Any reasonable legal costs incurred by you for settling or defending a claim made against you, providing you have approval in writing from Allianz Global Assistance before incurring these costs
we’ll pay the benefit limit payable under the Accidental Death benefit to your estate.
we’ll pay the benefit limit payable under the Permanent Disability benefit to you.
- The non-refundable portion of unused travel and accommodation arrangements for your journey, that you’ve paid for before cancellation and can’t recover in any other way.
- For the value of frequent flyer points, air miles, loyalty card points, redeemable vouchers or similar schemes lost as a result of cancelling the related services, but only if you can’t recover your loss in any other way.
You can choose different levels of cancellation cover when you buy your policy.
- the issuer’s fees for any replacement costs (including communication costs) of the items which have been lost, stolen or destroyed; and/or
- any loss resulting from fraudulent use of your lost or stolen transaction cards or travellers cheques other than those amounts covered by any guarantee given by the bank or issuing company to you as the holder of the transaction cards or travellers cheques.
- the amount specified that you’re liable to pay under the rental vehicle agreement, or
- the property damage for which you’re liable.
If you’re diagnosed by the treating medical adviser as unfit to return your rental vehicle to the nearest depot, we’ll pay the cost of returning the vehicle (up to the applicable benefit limit).
Note: This cover only applies if:
- you hire a rental vehicle from a rental company or agency;
- you’re a nominated driver on the rental vehicle agreement; and
- the rental vehicle agreement specifies a maximum amount that you must pay if the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen.
- Own Snow Sport Equipment cover if your snow sport equipment is stolen, accidently damaged, lost or delayed
- Snow Sport Equipment Hire
- Snow Sport Pack – to cover non-refundable unused pre-booked and pre-paid ski passes, ski hire, tuition fees or lift passes if you’re injured or become sick during your trip
- Piste Closure
- Bad Weather and Avalanche
- Medical cover while cruising
- Evacuation cover – Ship to Shore
- Cabin Confinement
- Pre-paid Shore Excursion Cancellations
- Formal Cruise Attire Lost or Damaged
- Formal Attire Delayed
- Marine Rescue Diversion
Why choose us?
Thousands of satisfied customers
Network of medical experts
Emergency assistance available
We’re an established insurer
Pre-existing medical conditions
You can apply to include cover under your policy for your pre-existing medical conditions at the time of buying your policy. You’ll need to complete our medical assessment which can be done online or by calling us on .
If you’re pregnant at the time of buying your policy, your pregnancy is considered to be a pre-existing medical condition. Make sure you read the Travel During Pregnancy section in the PDS. This section has important information about this product’s cover for pregnancy, and when you need to apply to cover a pre-existing medical condition.
Depending on your pre-existing medical condition(s), we may not be able to cover any medical or hospital expenses, or any other losses or expenses arising from, related to or associated with any injury, illness or sickness suffered by you.
For an additional premium, you may be eligible to add one or more of the following optional covers to provide additional cover for certain activities. For full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions read the PDS.
Snow Pack and Adventure Pack are only available for those aged under 75 at the time of issue of your Certificate of Insurance.
Increased item limits1,7
Ready to get started?
Frequently asked questions
Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance policies are designed to provide cover for overseas emergency hospital or medical expenses, overseas emergency medical assistance, lost or stolen luggage and travel documents, cancellation fees and lost deposits, among other benefits1.
You can buy cover for a single person, a couple or a whole family, depending on who you’ll be travelling with.
You may also be able to add optional extras like a Cruise Pack, Snow Pack or Adventure Pack for an additional premium1. The contains more detailed information about what is and isn’t covered, and will help you determine if our Comprehensive Travel Insurance suits your needs.
Our Comprehensive Travel Insurance has a general exclusion, with limited exceptions, against epidemics and pandemics. That means we don’t cover claims that arise from or are related to an epidemic or pandemic.
However, you’re covered under selected benefits for trip cancellation or overseas medical emergencies if you or your travel companion are positively diagnosed as suffering a sickness recognised as an epidemic or pandemic (such as COVID-192) during your period of cover.
Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance is designed to cover these benefits, plus cover your luggage and personal effects, expenses relating to cancellations and travel delays, and many other benefits as described in the PDS1.
Our Basic Plan is only available to travellers who are aged under 75 years at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued. However, our Comprehensive Plan is available to travellers of all ages1.
Our overseas emergency assistance helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We have Australian based registered nurses and doctors available.
We are part of Allianz Group. Allianz Group is a global leader in assistance services and has led the industry for over 50 years.
As with any purchasing decision, you’ll need to take into account your specific objectives, financial situation, and needs.
If your trip will consist of snow activities, ocean cruising or adventure activities you may want to consider buying a Snow, Cruise or Adventure Pack.1
For an additional premium, these packs are designed to cover additional activities that are not automatically included in our policies.
You must be aged under 75 years at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued in order to buy the Snow Pack and the Adventure Pack. You won’t have cover under Permanent Disability and Personal Liability benefits for any claims arising from, or in any way connected with your participation in any of the activities listed as covered adventure activities in the Adventure Pack or your participation in snow sport activities.
Our Snow Pack is designed to cover in certain circumstances, for loss or damage to your snow sport equipment and cost of re-hire as well as coverage for piste closure, bad weather and avalanche closure.4,5
The Cruise Pack is designed to cover, subject to the terms of the policy, medical and hospital expenses if you’re injured or become sick on a cruise, ship to shore evacuation if required for emergency medical treatment, plus cover for cabin confinement, pre-paid shore excursion cancellation, marine rescue diversion, and formal attire that has been damaged, lost, stolen or delayed.5
Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance automatically includes cover for a wide range of activities such as golf or snorkelling. You can also buy an Adventure Pack if you’re planning on participating in adventure activities such as motorbike riding1, moped riding1, abseiling, deep sea fishing or zip lining. For full lists of the automatically included activities and the adventure activities covered by the Adventure Pack, see the .4
Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance is available for senior citizens and travellers of all ages.
However, some of the additional packs available to buy have age restrictions. You must be aged under 75 years at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued in order to buy the Snow Pack and the Adventure Pack.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
- Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply. For full details and before making a decision, consider the relevant .
- Policy terms, conditions, limits, exclusions, and sub-limits apply to particular types of losses, premium refunds (full or partial) or claims. This product has a general exclusion, with limited exceptions, against epidemics and pandemics. That means we don’t cover claims that arise from, or are related to, an epidemic or pandemic.
However, you’re covered under selected benefits in this product if, during your period of cover, you’re positively diagnosed as suffering a sickness recognised as an epidemic or pandemic, such as COVID-19. Refer to the PDS to see which benefits offer cover in the event you contract a sickness recognised as an epidemic or pandemic, and the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
- You don’t have cover under this benefit while travelling in Australia.
- You won’t have cover under Permanent Disability and Personal Liability benefits for any claims arising from your participation in any of the activities listed under Adventure Pack or your participation in snow sport activities, even if you’ve bought a Snow Pack or an Adventure Pack.
- Sub-Limits apply. Refer to the Optional Covers – Cruise Pack and Snow Pack Policy Benefits section in the PDS for full details.
- You only have cover for these benefits if the relevant pack has been bought.
- The maximum we’ll pay for all claims combined under the Luggage, Personal Effects & Valuables Benefit is the benefit limit shown in the Table of Benefits in the PDS for the plan you’ve selected, even if you’ve bought Increased Item Limits cover.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, please consider the relevant (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and for this insurance are available on this website.
Travel Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFS Licence No. 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) as agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 (Allianz). Travel Insurance is underwritten by the insurer Allianz. Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply.
*The 15% off Travel Insurance ‘HOLIDAY15’ discount is available from 12:01AM AEDT 20/11/2023 until 11:59PM AEDT 01/12/2023 by entering the valid promo code. The discount applies to new policy purchases and is based on standard premium rates (including optional extras). It applies automatically upon successful input of the promo code and applies to any changes, upgrades or amendments made to the policy prior to commencement of the journey. The discount may apply to changes made after commencement of the journey, contact Allianz Global Assistance to find out more. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
We don’t provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision, please consider the Product Disclosure Statement available on this website. If you purchase this insurance, AGA will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.