Home Insurance claims

Get back on track as soon as possible with our claims process
Before you lodge a claim, it’s important to do what you reasonably can to prevent further loss, damage or liability. Contact the police as soon as reasonably possible to report any theft, attempted theft, or damage caused by intentional acts, riots or vehicle impact.
Glass claim? There are no forms to complete, just have your policy number ready and call O'Brien Glass to book a glass repair.
Once you’re ready, lodge a Home Insurance claim, Contents Insurance claim, Landlord Insurance claim or Renter's contents insurance claim.
You need to provide us with reasonable proof of the loss. Documents such as purchase receipts, credit card statements and owners’ handbooks will help. When you speak to a claims consultant, they’ll let you know what you need to give to help us process your Home Insurance claim, Contents Insurance claim, Landlord Insurance claim or Renter's contents insurance claim. This will include:
  • Your policy information
  • Information about the incident, such as the date, where the damage occurred, etc.
  • Details about the loss or damage you’re claiming for
  • Information about any other people, vehicles or property involved
Completing your claim form is quicker if you have all the details at hand before you start.
The fastest, easiest way is to use our online claim form. Or if you prefer, give us a call on 13 10 13.
Once we have your claim, one of our friendly claims consultants will contact you as soon as possible.

If you're a customer with us and you've been affected by a disaster, we’re here to help. Call our 24-hour claims line on 13 10 13 if you need to lodge a claim.

Every claim is important to us, and so is your time, so if your claim is for less severe damage, use our online claim form to submit your motor or property claim. You’ll still get our great customer service, but you'll avoid phone queues, and you'll be allowing those who've been hardest hit to get urgent help.

Once you’ve completed your claim form, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. Our claims team will let you know if you need to get any replacement quotes, and if so, they’ll help with the process.

For settling contents claims, we’ll choose to either replace or reinstate your contents or pay you a cash settlement.

We strive to resolve disputes as quickly and amicably as possible. Find out more about our internal complaints process and the external disputes resolution scheme we follow.
  • Notify us of your claim online as soon as reasonably possible, or call our claims department on 13 10 13 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process
  • Try to get names and addresses of witnesses, if there are any
  • Don’t make any admissions of liability and don’t attempt to settle any claim made against you

When you lodge a claim, we’ll let you know what cover you have for your phone on your policy. If you’re unsure what your policy covers, refer to your Policy Schedule and PDS or call us on 13 10 13 to discuss.

Where we accept the claim for your mobile device, we may need you to provide a repair report from a mobile phone repairer so we can reimburse this cost. If your mobile device has been lost or stolen, we may need you to show us evidence of ownership in the form of either:

  • A receipt
  • Confirmation from your phone provider
  • Other evidence agreed with us, as well as a police report number

We’ll then either pay you the cost to repair your mobile device, or where needed, arrange replacement through one of our supply partners. If you plan to take this opportunity to upgrade your mobile device, we can discuss this with you during your claim.

Allianz Home Insurance policies offer an optional cover that can be included for Motor Burnout or Fusion. If you’re unsure if your policy includes this optional cover, refer to your Policy Schedule and PDS or call us on 13 10 13 to discuss.

If you need to make a claim, in most cases we’ll need a report from a qualified electrician or repairer confirming:

  • The cause of damage to the motor
  • The age of the motor
  • An itemised quote for the repair or replacement of the motor

Refer to your relevant PDS for more information on what is and isn’t covered.

When it comes to shared fences such as the fence separating your property from your neighbour’s property, under relevant dividing fence laws in your state or territory, you could be responsible for 50% of the total cost of the repair, with your neighbour responsible for the other 50%. This applies even for vacant blocks.

Exceptions may exist for things like property adjoining council land, i.e. if your property is next to a public park or a road.

When we settle your claim, it’ll be based on 50% of the total accepted repair costs, with the remainder to be covered by the adjoining neighbour.

Strata and Community title properties can be very complex situations, and laws vary from state to state in regards to what is the responsibility of the Strata and what is your responsibility as a unit owner.

In most cases, if you’re claiming for a fixed item in your Strata unit, such as flooring, kitchens, air conditioning, wall or ceiling damage, bathrooms etc, we’d need you to provide written confirmation from your Strata Corporation confirming whether they cover this damage, and if not, explaining why. We’ll then be able to discuss how we can best help you.

To be covered for rent default, you will need to have taken the optional cover Rent Default and Theft by Tenant. For any claim for rent default or departure without notice, we’ll need you to have issued all the relevant notices required under your lease agreement, or through your state or territory tenancies act.

We’ll also need to see copies of the lease agreement you have with the tenant, along with rental ledgers to show the rental payment history. As coverage can be different on each policy depending on the options selected, we’re happy to discuss the cover available to you on 13 10 13.

Do what you reasonably can to prevent further loss, damage or liability. Contact the police as soon as reasonably possible to report any theft or attempted theft, or damage caused by intentional acts, riots or vehicle impact.

Contact the Allianz Claims Call Centre on 13 10 13 and advise the Claims Consultant of what has happened: the Claims Consultant will help you through the Landlord Insurance claims process.

No. To lodge a Landlord Insurance claim, all you have to do is call us on 13 10 13 and we’ll take the details over the phone.

If you’re making a Landlord Building and/or Contents claim, we’ll let you know if you need to get replacement quotes or not, as this depends on the type of claim you make. If you’re required to do so, our claims team will help with the process.

Before you pay for expenses or bear costs you wish to claim, contact us for approval to make sure you’re covered under this policy. Otherwise, we’ll only cover expenses up to the amount that we would’ve initially authorised if no contact had been made.

Retain receipts, instruction booklets or any other documents that can help provide evidence of your ownership in the event of a claim. Retain a copy of your written rental agreement and details of the bond held and any notices provided to tenants.

Claims staff may require this for loss of rent claims. Retain copies of any property inspection reports. Your claims consultant will advise you of what’s required to help us process your claim quickly.

Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. 

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.