Home Insurance calculators

Estimate your home and contents replacement costs within minutes

When you take out home and contents insurance or contents insurance, it’s important the amount you’re insured for accurately reflects the cost to rebuild your home and/or replace your contents. You might have to pay the difference out of your own pocket if you’re insured for less than the replacement value of your home and contents.

Our Home Insurance calculators are designed to estimate the replacement cost of a residential property and can also be used as a Landlord Building Insurance calculator.

If you need any help, call one of our insurance specialists on 13 1000.

To get an estimate of how much it would cost to replace your building and/or contents, use our quick and easy calculators. All you need to do is enter your address and double check that we’ve got your building and contents information right.

Your home building estimate will depend on a range of factors, such as your home’s floor area or size, design, quality of materials, and land slope. Remember to include structures like your pool and granny flat in the calculations, but exclude your land value.

Our home building insurance calculator is powered by CoreLogic, Australia’s leading property valuations provider. It’s quick and easy, so you can estimate the value of your home building or investment property in minutes.

When estimating your contents value, include items like your furniture, white goods, kitchen items and even items like your clothes, linen and food.

Our contents insurance calculator is powered by Sum Insured Pty Ltd, who specialise in the research and production of contents replacement cost information. It’s quick and easy, so you can estimate the value of your contents in minutes.

Disclaimer: The calculators will estimate a replacement cost by using the general information about your home buildings and contents provided by you. The estimate may not be appropriate for you and you’ll need to assess its suitability given your knowledge of your property and contents.

It’s your responsibility to ensure that the level of cover will be adequate to repair or replace your buildings and home contents in the event of a covered claim.

Covers the cost of loss or damage to the physical structures that make up your home buildings, from the house itself, to your garage, fences, sheds, and more.
Covers the cost of loss or damage to your contents at home, such as your furniture, white goods, rugs, electrical appliances, or even your clothes, linen, and more.
When you buy or renew, you have the flexibility to pay annually or monthly at no extra cost.
Your proof of insurance – Certificate of Currency (COC) – will be emailed instantly after you purchase your policy.
You can make a claim online or call 13 10 13 for claims service 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Upon your annual insurance renewal, an automatic increase to the amount your home and/or contents are insured for (your “sum insured”) will be applied. We recommend that you check the new amounts to make sure they continue to cover your full replacement values and to make sure your insurance still meets your needs.

To help gauge the current replacement value of your home and/or contents, you can undertake a review of your assets with the buildings calculator and/or contents calculator provided.

To view the new sums insured, check your renewal documents. If you don't want us to increase your sum insured, just let us know. We won’t adjust the sums insured for specified contents and portable contents, so you’ll need to review the value of these items to make sure your insurance still meets your needs.

As you accumulate and upgrade your contents over time, the cost of replacing your new contents may increase. That’s why it’s important for you to regularly review your contents sum insured to make sure it accurately reflects your contents’ value in the event of a claim.

Rebuilding costs can rise over time, increasing the replacement value of your home. This is especially true if you have undertaken any household renovations, including adding on extensions to your home.

When you’re undertaking household renovations, remember to let us know as soon as reasonably possible about renovations worth over $75K if you have Home Insurance or Landlord Insurance with us.

If you need any help, feel free to get in touch with one of our insurance specialists on 13 1000.

To see some of the events covered and not covered by our Home Insurance, refer to our Key Fact Sheets (KFS).
  1. Pay by instalments
    Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording and Supplementary PDS (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and Target Market Determination (TMD) for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.