Benefits with cover for COVID-19
What COVID-19 benefits our plans offer
Why choose us?
Thousands of satisfied customers
Network of medical experts
Emergency assistance available
We’re an established insurer
Flexible COVID-19 policy cancellation options
We offer the flexibility to cancel your Allianz Travel Insurance policy at any time if your plans need to change due to COVID-19, provided you haven't made or intend to make a claim or exercise any other right under your policy.1
You may be entitled to receive a full or partial premium refund if you can’t travel or need to change your journey because of COVID-19 border closures or mandatory quarantine periods. This applies when travelling both domestically and internationally.1
If you haven’t started your journey, we’ll provide a full premium refund. If you’ve started your journey, we’ll provide a partial premium refund, based on a pro-rata basis from the date you returned home from your journey until the end date of your policy listed on your Certificate of Insurance. Eligibility criteria applies, refer to the PDS for full details.
Ready to get started?
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can apply to buy a policy even if you haven’t received the recommended vaccinations against COVID-19. The section headed ‘Who is eligible to purchase this product’ in the contains important information about who is eligible to buy a policy, age limits and cover types.
You may not be covered if you don’t follow any advice or warnings by the Australian government or that were published in a reliable mass media source.
Make sure you’re aware of what is required, including any proof of vaccination, before you travel.
If you select Comprehensive , Multi-Trip, or Domestic Travel Insurance, which include the cancellation benefit cover when you buy your policy, you may be able to make a claim if you:
- are subsequently positively diagnosed with COVID-19, which prevents you from travelling
- need to cancel, reschedule, or shorten your trip as a result.1
The Cancellation benefit is designed to cover the non-refundable costs, up to the amount chosen, associated with cancelling, rescheduling or shortening the paid and unused portions of your journey.2
If you’re positively diagnosed with COVID-19, we’ll reimburse your reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses3 up to the limit shown in the Table of Benefits for the Plan you have selected, if you meet each of the following three conditions:
- You have bought a Comprehensive, Domestic, or Multi-Trip Travel Insurance plan
- You can’t continue your journey or your journey is disrupted because you or your travel companion are positively diagnosed with COVID-19
- You need immediate and continued treatment from a medical adviser
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
- Policy terms, conditions, limits, exclusions, and sub-limits apply to particular types of losses, premium refunds (full or partial) or claims. This product has a general exclusion, with limited exceptions, against epidemics and pandemics. That means we don’t cover claims that arise from, or are related to, an epidemic or pandemic.
However, you’re covered under selected benefits in this product if, during your period of cover, you’re positively diagnosed as suffering a sickness recognised as an epidemic or pandemic, such as COVID-19. Refer to the to see which benefits offer cover if you contract a sickness recognised as an epidemic or pandemic, and the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply.
- Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits apply. Cancellation cover is only available on Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip Plans. Refer to ‘Cancellation’ and ‘General Exclusions’ sections of the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
- Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits apply. Refer to ‘Additional Expenses’ and ‘General Exclusions’ sections of the PDS for full details.
- Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply. For full details and before making a decision, consider the relevant PDS.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, please consider the relevant (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and for this insurance are available on this website.
Travel Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFS Licence No. 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) as agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 (Allianz). Travel Insurance is underwritten by the insurer Allianz. Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and applicable sub-limits apply.
We don’t provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision, please consider the Product Disclosure Statement available on this website. If you purchase this insurance, AGA will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.