Are you eligible to make a QLD CTP insurance claim with us?
How to make a claim
1. Get the registration details
2. Report the accident
3. Complete your form
QLD CTP insurance claim forms
Report traffic incident to police
Notice of Accident (Non-Fatal Injury)
Notice of Accident (Fatal Injury)
Where to send your form
The completed form needs to be sent to:
QLD CTP Claims Department
GPO Box 2226
Brisbane QLD 4001
You can send your claim by email. Remember to also send the original copy in the mail.
What happens next?
- Contact you and provide a claim reference number, as well as the name and contact details of the person who will be responsible for helping with your claim.
- Make enquiries into the circumstances of the accident and determine who’s at fault.
- Keep you up to date on the progress of your claim and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.
If liability is accepted, we’ll process your claim including, where relevant:
- Helping you with your reasonable and necessary medical treatment including rehabilitation to help you in your recovery.
- Paying reasonable medical expenses quickly upon receipt. Remember to keep your accounts and receipts and provide copies to us.
We may also need to obtain medical reports and other information to assess your claim. If we do, we’ll discuss these with you.
Once we’ve received all of the necessary information to assess your claim, we’ll get in touch to discuss settlement.
If you were partly at fault in the motor vehicle accident, your entitlements and any settlement offer may be reduced by an amount by which you’re considered at fault.
We’re here to help you. At any stage of the claims process we encourage you to reach out to the person managing your claim if you have any questions or concerns.
Complaints and disputes
If we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, we will provide advice regarding the appropriate external dispute resolution pathway based on the type of dispute.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, the government imposes time limits for making a CTP claim. For a personal injury claim, the time is generally nine months from the date of accident or, if you have a solicitor managing the claim, within one month of consulting the solicitor.
For minors, timeframes to lodge a claim don’t commence until the child turns 18 years old. Get in touch if you need more information about the time limit to make your claim.
We’re here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.