Why choose Allianz Contents Insurance?
Up to 30% No Claim Bonus1,2
Pay monthly at no extra cost3
Instant Certificate of Currency
What’s not covered
Events our Renters Insurance covers
- Fire or smoke (including bushfires5 and grassfires5)
- Theft or burglary
- Storm and cyclone5, rainwater or run off (not including flood which, subject to eligibility, may be available under the optional Flood cover5)
- Water or other liquid damage
- Impact damage
- Earthquake or tsunami
- Accidental breakage of glass or ceramic items
- Vandalism or malicious damage
- Riots or civil commotion
Contents Insurance calculator
Home Contents replacement calculator
Ready to get started?
Frequently asked questions
Renters Insurance provides contents insurance for renters. It’s designed to help cover the cost of loss or damage to the contents at your rental home as a result of an insured event. Renters Insurance can provide cover for your furniture and appliances to electrical goods and your BBQ, and even clothes, shoes and handbags.
Renters Insurance covers the cost of repair or replacement of your contents when loss or damage is caused by events such as break-ins, fires (including bushfire5 and grassfire5), storms, impact damage such as a fallen tree, as well as accidental breakage of glass and more.
The cost of your insurance is called a ‘premium’. Your premium will depend on a number of factors, and can change each year when you renew your policy. Your premium for each period of insurance will be shown on your policy schedule.
There are a number of factors that determine how your Contents Insurance premium is calculated, including:
- Your risk profile. We work this out using a number of factors, such as:
- Where you live
- The type of property you’re insuring
- The amount and type of cover you require
- Any other people also insured under the policy
- The relevant claims history of the people being insured
- The likelihood of a claim being made on your policy
- Any discounts that may apply
- Any compulsory government charges such as Stamp Duty and GST
- Emergency Services Levies if they apply to the State or Territory where your home is located
- Any other charges we tell you of
- The excess you choose6
To find out the cost of your Renters Insurance through Allianz, get a quick quote today!
If you take out Contents Insurance, here’s how it can work if you suffer an insured loss:
- The house or apartment you live in burns down and destroys all your contents within it. With adequate sums insured under Renters Contents cover, you could replace your insured contents.
- A thief enters your house or apartment and steals your contents. You can replace the items that were stolen under your Contents insurance.
- While rearranging your furniture, you accidentally drop your book shelf on your glass coffee table, and the glass breaks. Your Allianz Contents Insurance covers accidental breakage of glass that forms part of your contents in your home (other than those contents that are excluded such as televisions – ). If you take out optional accidental damage cover, we’ll repair or replace the whole coffee table including the glass.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
- Up to 30% No Claim Bonus
When you take out a new policy, we calculate your No Claim Bonus based on your home insurance claims history. To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, Home Insurance customers must have had no Building or Contents Insurance claims in the preceding five years. However, customers who have had claims may still qualify for a reduced No Claim Bonus.
After each claim-free year, the No Claim Bonus applied to your renewal premium will be increased by 10%, to a maximum of 30%. However, for every claim you make in a year, the No Claim Bonus applied to your renewal premium will be reduced by 10% to a minimum of 0%.
The No Claim Bonus is applied to some optional covers if selected; Motor Burnout and Accidental Damage, but not Flood or Portable Contents cover.
- Minimum premiums may apply
Any discounts may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent that any minimum premium isn’t reached. If you’re eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means the effect of applying any subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two discounts consecutively means that you won’t see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts don’t apply to taxes or government charges. No discounts are applied to the optional cover: Domestic Workers’ Compensation (if available and selected).
- Pay by instalments
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Available for new policies effective from 13 November 2022 and renewals from 25 December 2022.
- Portable Contents
Some portable contents must be specified on your policy schedule as Listed Portable Contents to be covered.
- 72-hour exclusion period may apply
We don’t provide cover for any loss of or damage to your property caused by cyclone, flood, grassfires and bushfires, during the first 72 hours after you first purchase a policy or increase your cover under an existing policy. For full details of conditions and exclusions please refer to the
- Option to change your excess
Not available with respect to any additional compulsory excess, imposed excess applied to the policy or to the Portable contents excess. Any reduction in premium will not be applied to government taxes and charges, or to optional covers (if available and selected): Domestic Workers Compensation, Flood or Portable contents. Minimum premiums apply.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.