CTP Insurance

Get your CTP Insurance sorted and ready within minutes
Our state-based CTP specialists will handle your claims fairly
Join over 3 million people who trust us with their general insurance needs
Pay for your CTP Insurance online or by phone 
From Insurer of the Year to Excellence in Claims, we’re proud to have won numerous industry awards over the years.
Australian Insurance Industry Awards Finalist 2022 and Insurance Business Awards Winner 2022
Insurance Business Awards Winner 2021 and The Mansfield Awards 2021
CTP insurance is different in each state. In some states, the driver may get some cover if they’re injured and at fault in a motor vehicle accident. We have dedicated teams in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia who specialise in CTP claims in their state, to make sure you’re getting the best possible service.
Pay your NSW Green Slip online or by phone and register your vehicle with Service NSW.
Join over 1 million drivers in Queensland who choose us for their CTP insurance.
We have a team of dedicated SA-based claims specialists ready to assist you.
Have you been injured in a motor vehicle accident? Find out what’s involved and what you’ll need to make a claim in the state you live.
CTP insurance is compulsory in Australia, which means you’ll need CTP insurance before you can register your vehicle.

Cover can vary from state to state, but as a general guide, a CTP policy covers the driver of a vehicle for their liability in a motor vehicle accident including:

  • Injuries caused to passengers in the vehicle
  • Injuries caused to drivers and passengers of other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and pillion passengers
  • Injuries caused by a trailer when attached to the vehicle

In some states, CTP insurance may give some cover to the driver if they’re injured and at fault in a motor vehicle accident. The extent of cover depends on the accident circumstances and the law of the state or territory where the accident happened.

CTP insurance doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles, or property. Head to Allianz Car Insurance if you’re looking for this type of cover.
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance generally covers you, or any other driver of your vehicle, for liability for injuries caused to others in a car accident on the road. You must have CTP insurance to register your vehicle.
The cost to someone who’s injured in a motor vehicle accident can be huge. Just think of the medical care and treatment costs that can be involved, as well as potential loss of income during recovery. In extreme cases, those who are injured can need expensive treatment for the rest of their lives.
All registered vehicles need CTP insurance, including cars, trucks, motor bikes and motor scooters. Trailers don’t, as they’re covered by the towing vehicle’s CTP insurance.

Customers who use their vehicle as part of a GST registered business can claim back the GST portion of their CTP premium from the Australian Taxation Office when lodging their business activity statements. This is an Input Tax Credit (ITC).

Due to different tax treatments, the cost to the insurer of claims made by customers entitled to ITCs is higher than that for customers who aren’t. For this reason, CTP insurers charge a higher premium to customers registered for GST who are entitled to an ITC.

If you’re registered for GST purposes and can claim the ITC on the premium, you must advise us of this when taking out your policy even if you don't intend to claim the ITC. For more information, contact the Australian Tax Office (ATO) or speak to your taxation advisor.

Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. 

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.