Insurance for cleaners

Covers for cleaning companies, window cleaners, housekeepers, and more
Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.

As a cleaner, you work hard to make sure your clients’ properties are left spotless. But a thriving business also comes with its own risks and hazards to consider. That’s why it’s important to cover your business and assets with the right insurance.

If one of your employees damages your customer’s property or causes an injury to a third party, you could be held legally liable. You may own or lease assets that help your cleaning business run smoothly, such as your business vehicle and equipment. If one of these assets is stolen or damaged, it could be costly to repair or replace and may prevent your business from operating. 

Our Business Insurance Pack offers a range of covers1 to suit business’ needs.

Pay by the month at no extra cost2.  You can pay monthly or annually at no extra cost to suit your cash flow.

Whether you clean office floors or domestic properties, our Business Insurance Pack offers a range of covers1 in one simple-to-manage, flexible policy designed to cover businesses. Here’s a small selection of what cleaners might consider.

Start with Public Liability, then you can choose additional covers to suit your business. 

If an accident happens during the course of your work, like a member of the public tripping over the cord of your vacuum cleaner or you accidentally damaged furniture, you could be held legally liable.

Our Public Liability Insurance, included under our Public and Products Liability Insurance, covers you if a member of the public is injured, or their property is damaged, while dealing with your business. It covers compensation you’re legally liable to pay plus your reasonable legal fees.

Public Liability Insurance is automatically included with every Business Insurance Pack when quoted online. For a quote without Public Liability cover, contact our specialist Australian-based Business team on 1300 131 000.

Travelling to and from clients is part of the job for every cleaner. Your vehicle is likely to be one of the most valuable assets you use in your business, so it’s important it’s properly protected. 

Comprehensive Commercial Motor Insurance is designed to cover your business against accidental damage or theft, in addition to covering you for damage to another person’s property caused by your business vehicle in an accident. 

We understand your vehicle may hold your equipment and supplies, and may even have been customised with vehicle accessories to suit your cleaning business. That’s why our Comprehensive Commercial Motor Insurance includes cover for tools and vehicle accessories, to help get you back on the road as soon as possible in the event of a claim. 

Helpful tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business purposes? Your personal car insurance may not cover you if a loss occurs while using your car in connection with your business, such as driving to sites or client meetings to conduct your work. Check your personal car policy to see if you’re covered.

Call us on 1300 131 000 to cover up to 20 vehicles, or add up to two vehicles when you buy Public and Products Liability insurance as part of a Business Insurance Pack online.

As a cleaner, you probably need your tools every time you go to a job. From vacuum cleaners to mops, steam cleaners and cleaning products, your tools can be highly specialised and expensive to replace. 

General Property Insurance is designed to insure your tools and equipment, providing cover to repair or replace them if they’re accidentally damaged or stolen from a securely locked location.

General Property Insurance provides cover at almost any location worldwide (unless otherwise noted on your policy), including tools you leave securely onsite, or those taken home by your employees. 

If you’re working as a cleaner, your contract may state the minimum amount of public liability insurance you’re required to have – check what you need before you buy cover.

Subcontracted cleaners and janitors may not be covered under a general workers' compensation insurance policy held by the person they’re working for. In addition, a subcontractor’s work may not be covered for liability by the primary contractor. Check whether you’re covered, and consider taking action to address any insurance gaps.

Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.
This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) which are available on this website.

If your business has employees, workers' compensation insurance is mandatory in all Australian states and territories. Our Workers' Compensation Insurance can cover your employees if they’re involved in a workplace accident. We’ll work to support your business through the claims management process.

Note: Workers' Compensation Insurance isn’t available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be bought as an additional policy.

Lodge a claim online 24/7 or find a number for your claims category to lodge a claim over the phone.
Our experts can help you arrange your Business Insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to speak to a Business specialist now.
Your proof of insurance, Certificate of Currency (COC), will be emailed to you instantly after purchase.
For more cover options, call 1300 131 000 to speak with an Australian-based Business Insurance specialists.
  1. Range of covers
    Acceptance criteria apply to each cover based on the characteristics of your business and the risks you’re looking to insure.
  2. Pay by the month (Payment instalments)
    Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards and downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
  3. Commercial Vehicle Insurance
    Commercial Vehicle cover is only available to buy under the Business Insurance Pack if you also buy Public and Products Liability Insurance or Commercial Property under the same policy. If you don’t require Public and Products Liability Insurance, we offer a standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy that you can consider instead.
Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording and Supplementary PDS (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and Target Market Determination (TMD) for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.