QLD Car Insurance Explained
We offer several types of covers to choose from. Our Comprehensive Car Insurance covers common Queensland weather events such as hail, storm and cyclones as well as theft and accidental damage to your car.
We also offer CTP Insurance which is mandatory and is required before you can register your vehicle in Queensland. CTP insurance generally covers your liability – and the liability of anyone who drives your vehicle – for injuries and death caused to other parties in a motor vehicle accident, 24 hours a day, anywhere in Australia.
CTP insurance doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property. Our Third-Party Property Damage covers any accidental damage you may make to someone else’s vehicle or property
Find out more details about the types of cover available, get a quote online or speak with one of our dedicated insurance specialists today.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Property Damage Insurance
QLD CTP Insurance
Brenda rated her Comprehensive Car Insurance claims experience 5 out of 5 stars.
Frequently asked questions
Understanding car insurance
Treating injuries caused by a car accident can be expensive. While both medical treatment and care can be costly, there could also be other unexpected expenses. If someone is injured, they may not be able to work and might have to be compensated for lost income. They might also be entitled to extra compensation for pain and suffering.
Not everyone will be able to pay these costs, so is required to be purchased by all vehicle owners to make sure that people who have been hurt by someone else in a motor vehicle accident can still get financial support during their recovery if they need it.
Each insurance company calculates the cost of car insurance differently.
The cost of Allianz comprehensive and third party property damage car insurance is determined by a range of factors. When calculating your car insurance premium, we consider factors such as:
- The type of cover you hold
- The age, driving experience and claims history of the person who drives the car most
- The year, make and model of your car
- The location your car is parked
We’re here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
- Driver exclusions apply if the driver is unlicensed, is not following the conditions of their license, refuses a drug or alcohol test, is under the influence of drugs or exceeds the legally allowed alcohol limit. Refer to the Comprehensive Car Insurance or Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance for full driver, usage and other policy exclusions as set out in the "What's not covered" section. An additional excess applies to drivers under 25.
- We'll arrange a rental car of a similar size and type to your car after a covered collision where you are not at fault and have provided us with the at fault person's details. You'll get the rental car for as long as it takes to either fix your car, pay you the cost of repairs, or determine if your car is a total loss. If a rental car of a similar size and type (e.g. medium SUV) to your car is not available, we will pay you a travel allowance of $50 a day for as long as we would have given you a rental car. See the PDS for more details.
- If you choose your own repairer, we may need a second quote from another repairer chosen by us just to make sure the quote you’ve received is reasonable. We may then authorise repairs, pay you reasonable repair costs or the car’s agreed value or replace your new car where policy conditions are met.
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered on this website.
Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered on this website.