Allianz welcomes its nomination as finalist for General Insurance Company of the Year
Sydney, 8 July 2010
Allianz is pleased to be nominated as finalist for General Insurance Company of the Year at the 2010 Australia and New Zealand Insurance Industry Awards.
The awards are hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) and Asia Insurance Review.
Commenting on Allianz’s nomination, General Manager Corporate Affairs, Nicholas Scofield, said, “As the 2009 winner of this award, Allianz is delighted to again be nominated as General Insurance Company of the Year in 2010.”
The General Insurance Company of the Year award is judged on a comprehensive range of criteria. Addressing the criteria in its submission, Allianz highlighted:
- The company’s impressive market growth during difficult economic conditions, achieving overall organic premium growth of 10% whilst maintaining a strong underwriting profit.
- Its innovation program - Ideas to Success (i2s) – which in 2009 alone generated 1813 ideas from employees, of which 39 percent have been implemented.
- The Allianz Group’s Environmental Management System and its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20% by 2012. In 2009 compared to the previous year, Allianz saw a:
- 15% reduction in business travel and a consequent 13% reduction in related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- 17% reduction in paper consumption and related 17% in GHG emissions
- 5% reduction in water consumption, and a similar reduction in emissions.
- Its commitment to Customer Focus as one of its Global Leadership Values. In particular, during the 2009 Victorian Bushfires Allianz launched its Event Response Plan to mobilise hundreds of employees across Australia to process more than 2500 claims totalling $75 million.
According to Mr Scofield, “The nomination is recognition of Allianz’s dedication to constant improvement and culture of innovation. Our commitment is to provide the best possible customer experiences during their times of need; ongoing employee development and training programs; flexible product offerings; a strong focus on corporate social responsibility initiatives; and value for our partners and shareholders.”
“We look forward to the ANZIIF judging panel’s final decision for the winner of the 2010 General Insurance Company of the Year on 12 August 2010.”
Allianz Australia -
General Insurance Company of the Year 2009*
The Allianz Australia Group operates in Australia and New Zealand. It includes one of Australia’s largest general insurers, a leading private workers’ compensation insurer, and a life insurer.
Allianz Australia delivers a wide range of personal, commercial and corporate insurance products and services. It is proud to be of service to more than 2 million policy holders and over 50% of Australia’s top 200 BRW listed companies have some form of insurance cover with the group.
Allianz Australia offers a wide range of insurance products and services including car insurance
, home insurance
and Life insurance
Allianz Australia has approximately 3300 staff and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the worldwide Allianz Group, one of the world’s largest financial services companies.
The Allianz Group’s commitment to social, environmental and economic sustainability has been acknowledged internationally by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, which recognised the Allianz Group as the most sustainable primary insurance company in the world since 2006. In Australia, Allianz Australia participated in the Greenhouse Challenge Plus (GHC+) program - a cooperative partnership between industry and the Australian Government that aimed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions - and continues to adopt the GHC+ principles.
*Australian and New Zealand Insurance Industry Awards