Insurance for tradies and contractors

Covers for electricians, carpenters, plasterers, handymen, and more
Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.

Tradies and contractors face a variety of risks and hazards. From stolen or damaged tools and equipment, to property damage and third-party injury onsite, getting the right insurance can help cover your business if things go wrong.

Whether you’re an electrician, landscaper, carpenter, tiler or handyman, our range of covers are designed to help safeguard your business from unexpected costs.

Pay by the month at no extra cost1.  You can pay monthly or annually at no extra cost to suit your cash flow.

As a tradie, your job centres around your tools and your vehicle – which is why you might want to consider insuring them. We offer a range of covers2 in our Business Insurance Pack in one simple-to-manage, flexible policy to cover your business. Here’s a small selection of what tradies might consider.

Start with Public Liability, then you can choose additional covers to suit your business.

Whether you’re on the job, or dealing with clients and suppliers, there’s always a risk that accidents may happen in connection to your work, such as a customer tripping over your tools and cables and getting injured.

Our Public Liability Insurance, included in our Public and Products Liability Insurance, covers you if a member of the public is injured, or their property is damaged, at your business premises or while using your products or services. It covers compensation you’re legally liable to pay plus your reasonable legal fees.

In many cases, tradies are contractually required to have public liability insurance before being allowed onsite. It’s also a legal requirement in some states, so it’s important to consider your own business obligations.

Public Liability Insurance is automatically included with every Business Insurance Pack when quoted online. For a quote without Public Liability cover, contact our specialist Australian-based Business team on 1300 131 000.

As a tradie, your car, van or ute is likely to be one of the most expensive things you use in your business, so it’s important to insure it. Our Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle insurance can cover your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage to third-party property caused by your vehicle.

Choose from three types of cover: Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Helpful tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business purposes? Your personal car insurance may not cover you if a loss occurs while using your car in connection with your business, such as driving to sites or client meetings to conduct your work. Check your personal car policy to see if you’re covered.

Call us on 1300 131 000 to cover up to 20 vehicles, or add up to two vehicles when you buy Public and Products Liability Insurance as part of a Business Insurance Pack online.

Your drills, saws, tile cutters, tools and equipment are essential to your job. If any of these are stolen or accidentally damaged, this could leave you out of pocket or unable to operate.

Our General Property Insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your tools and portable equipment if they’re accidentally damaged or stolen from a secure location, anywhere in the world (unless otherwise noted on your policy schedule).

This includes equipment damaged while at a client’s home, a worksite, from your home or commercial building, or even those taken home by your employees.

If you’re working as a contractor, your contract may state the minimum amount of Public and Products Liability Insurance you need. Make sure you check what this is before you buy cover.
Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.
This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) which are available on this website.

If your business has employees, workers' compensation insurance is mandatory in all Australian states and territories. Our Workers' Compensation Insurance can cover your employees if they’re involved in a workplace accident. We’ll work to support your business through the claims management process.

Note: Workers' Compensation Insurance isn’t available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be bought as an additional policy.

Lodge a claim online 24/7 or find a number for your claims category to lodge a claim over the phone.
Our experts can help you arrange your Business Insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to speak to a Business specialist now.
Your proof of insurance, Certificate of Currency (COC), will be emailed to you instantly after purchase.
For more cover options, call 1300 131 000 to speak with a consultant.

The cost of our tradie insurance depends on a number of factors, including the type of covers you select, the amount of cover you select (the Sum Insured and/or Limit of Indemnity), and your business activity and trade.

If you’re working as a contractor, you may be required to have a minimum amount of public liability cover – make sure to check before you buy. Start an online quote now or call our dedicated Business team on 1300 131 000 for more information.

  1. Pay by the month (Payment instalments)
    Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards and downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
  2. Range of covers
    Acceptance criteria apply to each cover based on the characteristics of your business and the risks you’re looking to insure.
  3. Commercial Vehicle Insurance
    Commercial Vehicle cover is only available to buy under the Business Insurance Pack if you also buy Public and Products Liability Insurance or Commercial Property under the same policy. If you don’t require Public and Products Liability Insurance, we offer a standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy that you can consider instead.
Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording and Supplementary PDS (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and Target Market Determination (TMD) for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.