What is insurance for Financial Advisors & Mortgage Brokers?

As a mortgage broker or financial advisor, you help your clients find the best financial solutions for their situation. By providing financial advice, you face both unique professional risks, as well as common hazards that many professional businesses face. It’s important to protect yourself with the right insurance, so you’re prepared if something goes wrong.

Whether you’re a mortgage broker, financial advisor, or debt manager, read on to understand the different policies Allianz offers, which can help protect your business.

Fast, Simple and Convenient

Instant Insurance Certificate

Your proof of insurance (Certificate of Currency) will be emailed instantly after purchase.

Pay by the Month - no extra charge*1

Enjoy paying monthly and at no extra cost.

Specialist Business Experts

Our experts can give general advice and help to arrange your business insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to talk to a business specialist.

Claims - we have your back

When misfortune strikes, Allianz is there for you. Lodge a claim by phone 24/7.

Financial Advisors & Mortgage Brokers Insurance :

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance, also known as Public and Products Liability Insurance, helps to protect you if you become liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work.

If an accident happens to a client or their property in your office, you could be held legally responsible. The simplest example is a client who comes to visit you to sign some paperwork, and trips in your office. You could also be liable if you damage your clients’ property.

Public Liability insurance is designed to cover claims that may arise as a result of incidents such as this for which you may be held liable. Cover may also be provided for reasonable legal costs you incur in defending a claim against you.

Public Liability is a compulsory cover that must be included in a Business Insurance Pack policy.

Show more

Electronic Equipment Insurance

Online records and data are essential to any advisory business, so protection of your computers and other electronic equipment is essential. If your computers or other electronic equipment breaks down, this insurance could cover the cost of repair, replacement and data recovery.

If there is a need to hire temporary computers or electronic equipment to keep your business running while repairs take place, electronic equipment insurance can provide cover toward these costs too.

Show more

Commercial Vehicle Insurance4

If you visit clients, your vehicle is likely to be one of the most expensive things you use in your business, so it’s important to protect it.

Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage to third party property caused by your vehicle.

You can choose from a range of cover levels including Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Helpful Tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business use? Your personal car insurance may not cover you for damage to other cars or your own vehicle when used in connection with your business. Check your personal car policy to see if you are covered.

Call Allianz to cover up to 20 vehicles on 1300 131 000, or buy online and add up to 2 vehicles, when you buy your Public and Products Liability insurance with a Business Insurance Pack.

Show more

Get your cover in one place with our Business Insurance Pack

Our packs start with Public Liability, then you can customise yours to suit your business.

Public Liability

In the event of a claim, this cover can protect you if you become legally liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work.

Additional Cover Options

Commercial Vehicle

Commercial Vehicle Insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage third party caused by your vehicle.

Electronic Equipment

Cover for the repair or replacement of electronic equipment in your office, such as servers, computers and hard drives, in case of breakdown.

Commercial Property

Cover for accidental damage to property insured, such as office furniture and reference materials, from unexpected events like a storm, fire or vandalism.

General Property

Covers accidental damage to property insured used by you or your employees.

Business Interruption

Covers your lost income, profits or turnover if your office has to close as a result of unforeseen defined events, like fire or storm.


Covers the cost of repairing or replacing accidentally broken glass at your business premises, such as office windows, glass partitions, and skylights.

Management Liability

Covers you or your directors, officers or employees in the event of claims being made by third parties for alleged wrongful acts. 4 separate types of cover to choose from:

  • Directors and Officers Liability
  • Employment Practices Liability
  • Crime
  • Tax Audit

This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) & PDS update (privacy notice) which are available on this website

Workers Compensation

If your business has employees, Workers Compensation insurance may be mandatory depending on the state/s you operate in. Workers Compensation insurance can cover your employees if they are involved in a workplace accident. Allianz will work to support your business through the claims management process.

Please note that Workers Compensation insurance is not available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be purchased as an additional policy.

Learn more

More cover options

Can’t find the cover that you need online? We have an extended range of insurance covers available through our team of specialists. We're open 8:00am - 7:30pm Monday-Friday AEST

   1300 131 000

Before you buy

Considerations for Finance and Mortgage Brokers:

  • If you rent your office premises, your lease may specify the minimum amount of public liability cover you’re required to have.
  • Your lease or landlord may also specify a minimum amount of glass cover.

We Provide Business
Insurance for: