Save up to 10%*2,3

on your first year's premium when you buy a new Business Insurance Pack policy online.

What is insurance for Educators, Teacher & Tutors?

When you work in the Education industry as a teacher, tutor, or trainer, you spend your time helping your students grow.

As an educator, you work with a wide range of people on a daily basis. Whether you’re a private tutor, art, language or music teacher, with all the investment you put into connecting with students and building your personal reputation it’s important to protect yourself from unexpected costs with business insurance in case things go wrong.

Understanding and finding the right insurance can be confusing. Read on to learn how Allianz insurance covers could help protect your business.

Fast, Simple and Convenient

Instant Certificate of Currency

Your proof of insurance, Certificate of Currency (COC), will be emailed instantly after purchase.

Pay by the Month at no extra charge*1

Pay monthly or annually at no extra charge to suit you and your cash flow.

Specialist Business Experts

Our experts can give general advice and help to arrange your business insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to talk to a business specialist.

Excellence in Claims

We're here when you need to make a claim.

You can submit a claim online 24/7 or call 13 10 13 to commence the claims process.

Allianz was awarded the 2019 Mansfield Gold award for Overall Excellence in Claims.

Insurance for Educators, Teacher & Tutors:

Public Liability Insurance

Allianz Public Liability Insurance, also known as Public and Products Liability Insurance, covers you if a member of the public is injured, or their property damaged, at your business premises or while using your products or services. It covers compensation you are legally liable to pay plus your reasonable legal fees.

Whether you teach from your own classroom, or work one-on-one with students in a studio, accidents can happen. If a student were to trip over and injure themselves at your studio, you could be legally liable.

Public Liability Insurance is automatically included in a Business Insurance Pack policy when you quote online. For help with your quote, or to get a Business Insurance Pack quote without Public Liability cover, please contact our specialist small business team on 1300 131 000.

Show more

Commercial Vehicle Insurance4

Your vehicle is likely to be one of the most expensive things you use in your business, so it’s important to protect it.

Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage to third party property caused by your vehicle.

Choose from 3 types of cover: Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Call Allianz to cover up to 20 vehicles on 1300 131 000, or buy online and add up to 2 vehicles, when you buy your Public and Products Liability insurance with a Business Insurance Pack.

Helpful Tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business use? Your personal car insurance may not cover you for damage to other cars or your own vehicle that occurs when used in connection for business. Check your personal car policy to see if you are covered.

Show more

Get your cover in one place with our Business Insurance Pack

Our packs start with Public Liability, then you can customise your policy to suit your business.

Public Liability

Public Liability Insurance helps to protect you if you become legally liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work. Plus, covers your reasonable legal costs to defend a claim raised against you.

Additional Covers

Commercial Vehicle

Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance covers accidental damage or theft of your business vehicles, and cover damage they may cause to third party property.

Commercial Property

Cover for accidental damage to your commercial property, contents or stock such as classroom furniture, as a result of insured events such as a storm, fire or vandalism.

Business Interruption

Covers your lost income, profit or turnover if your classes have to close as a result of unforeseen and defined insured events, like storm or fire.

Available when you insure Commercial Property.


Covers the cost of repairing or replacing accidentally broken glass at your business premises such as store windows, mirrors or display cabinets


Cover for loss caused by theft of property insured from your store, such as your stock or equipment.


Covers the replacement of cash stolen from your business premises during business hours, or outside business hours, while locked in a safe or strongroom, in transit or in custody at a private residence.

Machinery Breakdown

Covers the cost to repair or replace electrical or mechanical machinery if it suffers a breakdown at your premises. For example: refrigerators, air conditioners, boilers, workshop machinery, etc.

This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) & PDS update (privacy notice) which are available on this website.

Workers Compensation

If your business has employees, Workers Compensation insurance is mandatory in all Australian States and Territories. Workers Compensation insurance can cover your employees if they are involved in a workplace accident. Allianz will work to support your business through the claims management process.

Please note that Workers Compensation insurance is not available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be purchased as an additional policy.

Learn more

Before you buy

Considerations for Educators, Teacher & Tutors:

  • If you work on a casual or contractor basis, you may not be covered by the insurance of the person you are working for. Make sure to check, to ensure you’re protected.
  • If you rent your classroom space, your lease may specify the minimum amount of Public Liability cover you’re required to have.
  • Your lease or landlord may also specify a minimum amount of glass cover.
More cover options

Can’t find the cover that you need online? We have an extended range of insurance covers available through our team of specialists. We're open 8:00am - 7:30pm Monday-Friday AEST

   1300 131 000

We Provide Business
Insurance for: