Support for customers experiencing family and domestic violence
Allianz recognises family violence is a serious issue that can affect diverse sectors of our community. Our policy outlines the support available to all customers who may be experiencing family violence. It acknowledges that if you have previously experienced family violence or are currently experiencing family violence you may provide indications or disclose this through your contact with us. This may make your ability to communicate with us more challenging, and/or make payments to us more difficult. We have a responsibility to ensure we have measures in place to support you in these times of need.
- Allianz recognises family violence is unacceptable in any relationship and customers experiencing family violence will be treated with dignity and respect
- The support of customers experiencing family violence and their children is the highest priority
- Customers who indicate or disclose family violence are able to access support from Allianz that is appropriate to their circumstances
- Disclosures made to any relevant third parties will be made with great care, keeping in mind the sensitivity and confidentiality of the customer’s situation
- We may need to be flexible and vary our approach based on individual circumstances, including providing more personalised support to help customers navigate our processes
Our team is here to support you
Where you may disclose family violence, or where we have reason to believe family violence is occurring, we will handle this information sensitively and will consider, on a case by case basis, various measures to support you, such as:
- Prioritising the sensitivity of your situation
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
- Minimising the number of times you need to disclose your situation by having dedicated employees specifically trained to assist customers experiencing family violence
- Manage the way we communicate with you so we do not add further risk
- Providing financial hardship assistance depending on the circumstances
- Stopping or deferring collections activities
- Referring you to appropriate support agencies where needed
Training our employees to assist you
All our customer-facing employees will receive training relevant to their roles. Additionally, Allianz has dedicated employees within our claims and sales and servicing areas who have specialist skills and knowledge to support customers experiencing family violence with extra care and flexibility.
, we will discuss safe ways to communicate with you and record these. We will protect your sensitive information and, where possible, give you control over how your personal information is shared with third parties. We will inform you about what information you need to share with other policyholders, such as information about a claim, so you can make appropriate arrangements.
Sensitive claims handling
We will support you throughout the claims process on a case by case basis. This may include fast-tracking the claim, providing emergency payments or accommodation and/ or reviewing decisions where there is ambiguity about cover.
If you’re having trouble paying your insurance premium
Family Violence may cause circumstances that impact on your financial wellbeing, including the ability to meet payments. If you have identified that you are being affected by family violence, or where our trained employee has reason to believe family violence is occurring, we may offer financial hardship assistance, including offering deferred payments for premiums or waiving excesses.
Support if you have outstanding debt
If you are experiencing family violence and there is a debt for unpaid premium, excess or a third party recovery, please talk to us so we can ensure we can help with this process.