Insurance for professionals

Covers for consultants, accountants, photographers, and more
Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.

As a professional, your work consists of applying your knowledge and skill to meet your clients’ needs. So it’s important to cover not only your office and equipment, but also your business.

Professionals face risks such as injury to clients or damage to their property and equipment. No matter your field of expertise, it’s important to cover yourself from unexpected costs with business insurance in case things go wrong.

Pay by the month at no extra cost1.  You can pay monthly or annually at no extra cost to suit your cash flow.

From consultants to architects, our Business Insurance Pack offers a range of covers2 in one simple-to-manage, flexible policy designed to cover your business. Here’s a small selection of what professional service providers might consider.

Start with Public Liability, then you can choose additional covers to suit your business.

Accidents happen. Whether it’s a client visiting your office for a meeting and slipping down your stairs, or an employee knocking over a contractor’s specialised computer, you could be held legally responsible.

Our Public Liability Insurance,  included in our Public and Products Liability Insurance, covers you if a member of the public is injured, or their property is damaged, at your business premises or while using your products or services (this doesn’t include cover for professional advice). It covers compensation you’re legally liable to pay plus your reasonable legal fees.

Public Liability Insurance is automatically included with every Business Insurance Pack when quoted online. For a quote without Public Liability cover, contact our specialist Australian-based Business team on 1300 131 000.

From managing appointment bookings to storing client project work, computers and other electronic devices are essential tools for most professional service businesses. This is why an electronic equipment breakdown could easily bring your workplace to a standstill.

Our Electronic Equipment Insurance is designed to help cover the cost of repair or replacement in such an event, and cover the cost of hiring temporary equipment if needed to help minimise the interruption to your business. The cost of restoring data can be bought as an additional optional cover under Electronic Equipment Insurance.

Note: In order to add Electronic Equipment cover to your Business Insurance Pack, you’ll need to buy Commercial Property cover.

Many professionals, such as photographers, architects and engineers, have specialist equipment they must transport to and from their office or studio and their clients’ premises. This can include electronic tools and – provided they’re listed as Specified Items in the policy schedule – mobile phones, high-end computers and photographic equipment.

If these items are accidentally damaged, they can be a considerable expense to repair or replace. Our General Property Insurance can cover your equipment and tools, both in your office, and while you’re on the go. It provides cover if your insured property is accidentally damaged (or stolen in specified circumstances) in almost any location.

If you travel to visit clients, your car is critical to your business operations, so it’s important that it’s insured. Our Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance can provide cover for your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and your legal liability for damage to third-party property caused by your vehicle.

Choose from three types of cover: Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Helpful tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business purposes? Your personal car insurance may not cover you if a loss occurs while using your car in connection with your business such as driving to sites or client meetings to conduct your work. Check your personal car policy to see if you’re covered.

Call us on 1300 131 000 to cover up to 20 vehicles, or add up to two vehicles when you buy Public and Products Liability Insurance as part of a Business Insurance Pack online.

If you rent your office premises, your lease may require you to take out a minimum level of public liability cover. Your lease or landlord may also specify a minimum amount of glass cover, so it’s important to check before you buy.

Remember to specify items such as computers and photographic equipment in your General Property Insurance policy schedule as Specified Items, otherwise they may not be covered.

Prefer to speak with a consultant? Call 1300 131 000.
This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) which are available on this website.

If your business has employees, workers' compensation insurance is mandatory in all Australian states and territories. Our Workers' Compensation Insurance can cover your employees if they’re involved in a workplace accident. We’ll work to support your business through the claims management process.

Note: Workers' Compensation Insurance isn’t available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be bought as an additional policy.

Lodge a claim online 24/7 or find a number for your claims category to lodge a claim over the phone.
Our experts can help you arrange your Business Insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to speak to a Business specialist now.
Your proof of insurance, Certificate of Currency (COC), will be emailed to you instantly after purchase.
For more cover options, call 1300 131 000 to speak with a consultant.
  1. Pay by the month (Payment instalments)
    Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards and downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
  2. Range of covers
    Acceptance criteria apply to each cover based on the characteristics of your business and the risks you’re looking to insure.
  3. Commercial Vehicle Insurance
    Commercial Vehicle cover is only available to buy under the Business Insurance Pack if you also buy Public and Products Liability Insurance or Commercial Property under the same policy. If you don’t require Public and Products Liability Insurance, we offer a standalone Commercial Motor Insurance policy that you can consider instead.
  4. Awards
    IBA General Insurer Claims Team of the Year in 2021.
Allianz acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we live and work across Australia. We pay our respect to First Nations Elders past and present.

Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording and Supplementary PDS (if applicable). Where applicable, the PDS/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS and Target Market Determination (TMD) for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.