Making a SA CTP Claim

What was the date of the motor accident?

Allianz no longer manages these claims.

Please contact 1300 618 389 for assistance.

Making a claim

Making a claim

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a CTP claim with Allianz if the vehicle at fault was insured with Allianz CTP.

If you do not know whether Allianz in the CTP Insurer, please contact us on the number below and we will advise you whether Allianz is the CTP Insurer of the vehicle at fault.

Step you should take to make a claim

  1. Obtain the registration details of the vehicles involved in the accident.

  2. Report the accident to the police if the police did not attend the accident scene. You can report the accident to the police by completing a Report of Traffic Incident Form and taking it to your nearest police station.

  3. Complete a Claim Form. You can obtain the claim form from the SA CTP Regulator using the link below. If you would like help completing the claim form, please call our claims team on 1300 686 725 who will be happy to assist.

Once you have obtained this information, you can make a claim. If you have any questions about obtaining this information, please contact us.

What happens next after I have sent my claim form to Allianz?

  1. As soon as we receive your claim form, we will contact you and provide a claim reference number and the name and contact details of the person who will be responsible for the management of your claim.
  2. We will make enquiries into the circumstances of the accident to ensure that the Allianz insured driver is at fault.
  3. We will assist you with your reasonable and necessary medical treatment and provide you with rehabilitation to assist you in your recovery.
  4. Please remember to keep your accounts and receipts and provide copies to us. We will pay reasonable medical expenses promptly upon receipt, if we have accepted liability.
  5. We may also need to obtain medical reports and other information to assess your claim. If we do, we will discuss these with you.
  6. Once we have received all of the necessary information to assess your claim, we will contact you to discuss settlement

Contact Us


1300 686 725

Call Us


Email Us


1300 686 018


Allianz Australia
CTP SA Claims Dept.
PO Box 10063,
Adelaide BC, SA, 5000

Questions about the CTP claims process?

The common forms of compensation payments are made for:

  • Treatment expenses (refer to ‘What type of treatment expenses can be claimed?’, below);
  • Non-economic loss, including pain and suffering and disfigurement;
  • Loss of earning capacity (past and future) excluding the first week's loss;
  • Loss of dependency;
  • Attendant care;
  • Funeral.
For more information on what compensation you may be eligible to receive please visit

Reductions in compensation may apply in relation to:

  • Seatbelts. A fixed 25% reduction for persons (16 years or older) not wearing a seatbelt as required under the Road Traffic Act.
  • Safety Helmets. Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries you suffer, a fixed 25% reduction for persons (16 years or older) not wearing a safety helmet as required by the Road Traffic Act.
  • Passenger compartments. Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries you suffer, a fixed 25% reduction for persons (16 years or older) travelling as a passenger in or on a motor vehicle with a passenger compartment, but not within the compartment (for example a van or utility).
  • Alcohol and/or Drugs (intoxication).
  • Drivers who have contributed to an accident and were intoxicated. There is a minimum 50% reduction when the Blood Alcohol Certificate (BAC) was 0.15 or more, or where the driver was so much under the influence of alcohol or a drug as to be incapable of exercising effective control of the vehicle. Otherwise, the minimum reduction is 25%.
  • Passengers (16 years and older) who were (or ought to have been) aware they were travelling with an intoxicated driver. There is a fixed 50% reduction when the driver's BAC was 0.15 or more, or when the driver was so much under the influence of alcohol or a drug as to be incapable of exercising effective control of the vehicle. Otherwise, the fixed reduction is 25%.
  • Pedestrians/Cyclists who have contributed to their injuries and were intoxicated. There is a 25% or more reduction.
  • The above fixed reductions are in addition to any other reductions for contributory negligence.

We may authorise payment for treatment expenses including, but not limited to the following:

  • Medical practitioners;
  • Medications;
  • Ambulance;
  • Hospital;
  • Physiotherapy;
  • Chiropractic;
  • Hydrotherapy;
  • Remedial massage;
  • Gym program.

All providers of medical and allied health services (e.g. physiotherapy, chiropractic, hydrotherapy and massage treatment) must be WorkCover accredited, or your expenses may not be covered. Payment of accounts for these treatments will be made at WorkCover gazetted rates.

The injured person (in the case of someone 16 years or older) is technically responsible for treatment expenses incurred prior to claims being settled. While Allianz has no legal obligation to pay accounts progressively, it does so providing certain conditions are met. It is advisable to enquire about the cost of treatment and eligibility for progressive payments before agreeing to treatment.

Allianz considers making progressive payments on treatment accounts on a case by case basis.

Payment of accounts by Allianz may occur when:

  • A PDF Download 'Injury Claim Form', including the PDF Download 'Prescribed Authority', is completed, and submitted to Allianz;
  • Liability is not in dispute or has been agreed;
  • A medical report confirms the need for treatment, where appropriate;
  • Treatment has been reasonably incurred as a result of the motor vehicle accident;
  • The amount of the account is appropriate.
  • If there is any doubt, payment will be subject to further investigations or inquiries.

You will be required to fully co-operate with Allianz, which may include completing anAccident Report Formand returning it to Allianz. Penalties of up to $5,000.00 can apply for failing to co-operate with Allianz.

In some circumstances, the CTP compensation paid to the injured person may be recovered from you if, for example you:

  • Drove an unregistered vehicle;
  • Were under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
  • Were speeding or driving dangerously;
  • Intentionally cause injury;
  • Are guilty of a hit and run offence;
  • Drove a vehicle without the owner’s permission;
  • Don’t hold a current driver’s licence;
  • Drove an unroadworthy or overloaded vehicle.

The money recovered from you may include injury compensation and claims' management costs. This can amount to many thousands of dollars.

You could possibly make a claim against the Nominal Defendant. Contact SA CTP Regulator on 1300 303 558 for further information.

Please be wary of uninvited contact about potential motor vehicle accident claims, whether you have or haven’t been involved in an accident. They may offer to refer you to a claims, compensation, government or legal service – however, this contact may be deceptive or misleading about your eligibility to make a claim, or your eligibility for compensation. This is referred to as ‘claim farming’.

We strongly recommend anyone receiving such contact to protect their personal information.

Find out more information on claims farming, including how to report it.

No, you do not need legal advice, although your option to appoint legal representation remains.

The right to legal representation has not changed but new thresholds are in place for the reimbursement of legal fees. Legal costs through the CTP Scheme are no longer being awarded if the total compensation payment is $25,000 or less. Limitations also apply to claims where the total amount of compensation is between $25,000 and $100,000.

Irrespective of the legal costs that may be recoverable, there will always be a component of any legal fee (usually called solicitor client fees) that is not claimable from the CTP insurer. Therefore, you should ask your solicitor to fully explain their billing practices. Your lawyer should provide you with the following information in writing:

  • Nature of work expected to be undertaken.
  • Method of billing and any additional costs or fees to be incurred.
  • Estimate of expected legal costs (which should be reviewed as your case progresses).
  • Your rights regarding any dispute between you and the lawyer.