Our Graduate Program
- Are you looking to join a dynamic global worldwide insurer who is growing from strength to strength?
- Are you wanting to reach your full potential and drive your career in a caring environment?
- Do you want to work with a diverse mix of people that reflects Australia and our customers?
If yes - our Graduate Program will offer you the support you need to succeed! Each year, we recruit a small cohort of intelligent, globally minded graduates across both General Leadership and Specialist functions.
Our Graduate Program runs for a period of two years, and you will be placed straight into a real role where you can learn on the job and work closely with other colleagues. In this time you will have up to four rotations, where you will have the opportunity to experience different roles and functions. Throughout the program, you will have a Senior Manager who will sponsor and support your personal and career development with us.
In addition, you will be provided with a number of tailored development opportunities including professional skills workshops, cross divisional learning sessions, networking opportunities with senior leaders across the business including the Managing Director and Chairman, volunteering opportunities to give back to the community, and the unique opportunity to undertake further study in insurance.
For our 2019 Graduate Program, we will be offering roles in the following streams:
- General Insurance Leadership - a well-rounded program designed to provide you with a strong grounding in all facets of insurance including Relationship Management and Sales, Product and Pricing, Underwriting, Claims and Project Management.
- Underwriting and Risk Management – an expert program designed to teach you the core skills in analysing and evaluating risks, defining terms and conditions of insurance products as well as pricing for our customers.
- Information Technology - an expert program designed to ground you in devising digital solutions that address clients’ needs. In this role you will gain broad exposure to how we manage customer data, IT architecture, development application strategies, define IT standards and IT security.
- Agriculture – an expert program designed to in ground you all areas of Agricultural Insurance. It will specifically focus on Agricultural Insurance products such as farm, forestry, cropping and cotton.
- Accounting – an expert program designed to build your skills in the Accounting profession. In this role you will gain exposure to Financial Reporting, Management Reporting and Investment Management.
- Actuarial – an expert program designed to ground you in the key areas of Actuarial at Allianz. You will gain experience in actuarial research, actuarial finance and workers' compensation and technical training to accelerate your skills. You will also be supported to complete your Actuarial qualifications both financially and with study leave.
Which stream would suit me best?
You might be wondering which stream to apply for. Provided you have completed an Undergraduate and or Post Graduate qualification we are open to considering Graduates studying in any field. We are firm believers that anyone gaining tertiary education in any field can excel here at Allianz.
To help you decide, we have prepared a summary of the best program for you based on your degree discipline, noting that we are open to applications from any discipline for all of these programs.
|Stream||Recommended degree discipline(s)|
|General Insurance Leadership||Any discipline |
|Underwriting and Risk Management||Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business, Commerce, Economics, Law|
|Inofrmation Technology||IT, Computer Science, Engineering|
|Agriculture Graduate||Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resources |
|Accounting||Accounting studies |