What is insurance for Professional Services?

As a professional, your work consists of applying your knowledge and skill to meet your clients’ needs. So it’s important to protect not only your office and equipment, but also yourself.

Professionals face risks as diverse as injury to client property, damaged equipment, and loss of income if unable to work. From consultants insurance to tax agent insurance, no matter your field of expertise it’s worth making sure your business is covered.

Understanding and finding the right insurance for your Professional Services business can be confusing, let us help. Read on to learn how Allianz insurance covers can protect your business.

Fast, Simple and Convenient

Instant Insurance Certificate

Your proof of insurance (Certificate of Currency) will be emailed instantly after purchase.

Pay by the Month - no extra charge*1

Enjoy paying monthly and at no extra cost.

Specialist Business Experts

Our experts can give general advice and help to arrange your business insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to talk to a business specialist.

Claims - we have your back

When misfortune strikes, Allianz is there for you. Lodge a claim by phone 24/7.

Professional Services Insurance Covers:

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance, also known as Public and Products Liability Insurance, helps to protect you if you become liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work.

If an accident happens to a client, or their property, in your office, you could be held legally responsible. For example a client comes to visit you for a meeting and slips down your stairs, you knock over your client’s fragile equipment or damage a contractor’s specialised computer

Public Liability Insurance is designed to cover claims that may arise as a result of incidents such as this for which you may be held liable. Cover may also be provided for reasonable legal costs you incur in defending a claim against you.

Public Liability is a compulsory cover that must be included in a Business Insurance Pack policy.

Show more

Electronic Equipment Insurance

Computers and other electronic devices are expensive investments; this insurance is designed to help cover the cost of repair or replacement if there is a breakdown of these items at the insured premises. This policy also provides cover toward the cost of hiring temporary equipment if required to help minimise the interruption to your business.

Computers and other electronic devices are essential tools for most professional service businesses. With everything from appointment bookings and record keeping, to client project work stored on them a breakdown could easily bring your workplace to a standstill.

Show more

General Property Insurance

General Property Insurance can cover your property, such as equipment and tools, both in your office, and while you’re on the go. It provides cover for accidental loss and damage in almost any location.

Many professionals, such as photographers, architects and engineers have expensive equipment they must transport to and from their office or studio and their clients’ premises. This can include high-end computers and photographic equipment (when listed as Specified Items), and electronic tools. If these items are accidentally damaged, they can be a considerable expense to repair or replace.

Show more

Commercial Vehicle Insurance4

If you travel to visit clients, then your car is critical to your business operations, so it’s important that it’s protected.

Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage to third party property caused by your vehicle.

You can choose from a range of cover levels including Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Call Allianz to cover up to 20 vehicles on 1300 131 000, or buy online and add up to 2 vehicles, when you buy your Public and Products Liability insurance with a Business Insurance Pack.

Show more

Get your cover in one place with our Business Insurance Pack

Our packs start with Public Liability, then you can customise yours to suit your business.

Public Liability

In the event of a claim, this cover can protect you if you become legally liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work.

Additional Cover Options

Commercial Vehicle

Commercial Vehicle Insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage third party caused by your vehicle.

Electronic Equipment

Cover for the repair or replacement of electronic equipment in your office, such as servers, computers and hard drives, in case of breakdown.

Commercial Property

Cover for accidental damage to property insured, such as office furniture and reference materials, from unexpected events like a storm, fire or vandalism.

General Property

Covers accidental damage to property insured used by you or your employees.

Business Interruption

Covers your lost income, profits or turnover if your office has to close as a result of unforeseen defined events, like fire or storm.


Covers the cost of repairing or replacing accidentally broken glass at your business premises, such as office windows, glass partitions, and skylights.

Management Liability

Covers you or your directors, officers or employees in the event of claims being made by third parties for alleged wrongful acts. 4 separate types of cover to choose from:

  • Directors and Officers Liability
  • Employment Practices Liability
  • Crime
  • Tax Audit

This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) & PDS update (privacy notice) which are available on this website

Before you buy

Considerations for Professional Services:

  • If you rent your office premises, your lease may specify the minimum amount of public liability cover you’re required to have – check before you buy.
  • Your lease or landlord may also specify a minimum amount of glass cover.
  • Remember to specify items such as computers and photographic equipment in your general property insurance – otherwise they may not be covered.
More cover options

Can’t find the cover that you need online? We have an extended range of insurance covers available through our team of specialists. We're open 8:00am - 7:30pm Monday-Friday AEST

   1300 131 000

We Provide Business
Insurance for: