Support for all our customers affected by bushfire
If you have been affected by the recent bushfires you can claim online or call us on 13 10 13. Our claims team is here to help you 24/7. You don’t need your policy documents, our claims team can locate these details for you.
- A 24/7 claims line (13 10 13) so our customers can lodge priority claims or speak to a consultant whenever they need
- We have initiated proactive claims contact, reaching out to customers in specific regions who have not yet come forward to make a claim.
- Wherever possible, we have on-the-ground support for customers from our assessment and claims teams, working in coordination with the Insurance Council of Australia.
Our first priority is your safety. Please keep yourself and your family out of harm’s way until the bushfire risk is over. Then, when it’s safe to do so, contact us when possible.
Our support doesn’t stop here
- Our policy provides temporary accommodation for Home and/or Contents Insurance customers whose properties have been lost or made uninhabitable*.
- As well as fast-tracked emergency funds & financial assistance for affected customers to help with immediate needs such as food, clothing and accommodation*.
Customer Counselling Program
Allianz is providing free, confidential counselling support to customers and their immediate families affected by the recent bushfires. Calls are handled by Assure Programs and bookings can be made 24/7.
If you’ve been affected by the recent bushfires we appreciate how difficult this time is for you. To help you get back on your feet, we are offering you and your immediate family three free counselling sessions each with Assure Programs:
- Calls to Assure Programs are confidential and bookings can be made 24/7 on 1800 955 599.
- This free service gives Allianz customers and immediate family members affected by bushfire access to experienced and independent mental health support.
- Counselling sessions can be accessed over the phone or face-to-face at over 400 locations across Australia.
- Simply confirm you are an Allianz customer or family member to book a session.
- Accessing this support will not affect customers’ claims, nor will any personal information be shared with Allianz.
Who are Assure Programs? How can they help?
Assure is an independent, confidential professional counselling service. Assure psychologists are selected for their qualifications, caring, respectful approach and experience in providing support services.
Assure offers short-term targeted confidential counselling support to help people find positive ways to cope with and resolve issues or challenges arising from traumatic events. Where individuals would benefit from more than three sessions, the psychologist will suggest specialist advice and refer on to a free or affordable service. For more information you can visit www.assureprograms.com.au
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can access the program?
All Allianz Australia customers impacted by the recent bushfires, as well as their immediate family members / partners, can access the program, regardless what level or type of insurance they have with Allianz.
What is Allianz’s definition of ‘immediate family’?
An immediate family member would be considered a direct relative of the customer. e.g. Partner, children, de facto’s family who permanently live with you, or parents of the policy holder.
Do I need my policy number?
No. Allianz’s priority is ensuring our customers receive support without delay.
How long will the program be available for?
This is a pilot program, which has been extended until 19 October 2020.
Is the program for whole families or is each individual able to access it separately?
All immediate family members can access the program separately, receiving up to three free sessions each. If people want to access the program with other family members they can, however not all of Assure psychologists offer family sessions as it is a trained speciality.
What do I do if I’m not an Allianz customer?
The bushfire Customer Counselling Program has been set up to support Allianz customers and their immediate family members.
We encourage all non-customers to reach out to Lifeline (13 11 14) or Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636) who offer a range of counselling services.
Preparing for bushfires
Proactively preparing for a bushfire can help keep you safe. Click here for helpful tips on how to prepare, and what to do in the event of a bushfire.
Our Employee Bushfire Appeal
We’ve also partnered with the Australian Red Cross to establish an employee Bushfire Appeal.
Every dollar donated by our employees will be matched by Allianz to help provide psychological first aid and assist evacuees to get in touch with families and friends.
Over $75,000 has been raised by Allianz employees since November 2019. With dollar-for-dollar matching, over $150,000 in total has been raised for the Red Cross Disaster Relief & Recovery Fund.
*Eligibility criteria, limits and exclusions may apply