Frequently Asked questions

Quote in 2 mins
Retrieve a quote


Allianz has made the decision to temporarily suspend the availability of 'Rent Default & Theft by Tenant' cover on new Landlord building and / or Contents Insurance policies, until further notice.
If you do not currently have this optional cover on your existing Landlord Insurance policy, you will be unable to add this option until further notice.
Allianz Home Insurance offers protection for your family home and contents. Landlord insurance is designed for properties where rent is being collected and the policy holder is not a resident of the property. For full details of conditions and exclusions please refer to the relevant PDS.

Unless we state otherwise in the PDS, when you make a claim under the policy, you will need to pay an excess – which is a type of co-payment toward your claim.

Charging an excess also helps to keep the cost of premiums down by reducing the number of small claims. The amount and type of excess you have to pay will be shown in your policy schedule or in your PDS.

For full details of conditions and exclusions please refer to your policy schedule or the relevant PDS.

Allianz Landlord customers have the option to print or email their Certificate of Currency by creating an online account through My Allianz.


Currently landlords are requested to provide the following information to demonstrate loss of rental income:

  • Lease/Rental Agreement
  • Rent roll
  • Evidence of notices issued and/or determinations made by authorities (as applicable or available)
  • Invoices for any allowable reletting expenses
  • Details of bond monies held

Due to the COVID-19 situation, we understand that landlords may not be able to supply evidence of notices or determinations as set out above. In addition to the above information we will require the following additional information (as applicable or available)

  1. Evidence that the tenant has provided to prove they are unable to pay rent – e.g. redundancy/termination notice, proof of JobSeeker/JobKeeper benefits etc.
  2. What other or Government assistance you, as a landlord, have applied for and what financial benefits are you receiving
  3. Evidence of any revised/renegotiated Lease rental amount
  4. If you are receiving savings from reduced real estate agent fees
  5. What actions you have taken to mitigate your losses
  6. Whether you have agreed to offer any rental deferment periods to the tenant
Take all reasonable precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability. Contact the police as soon as possible to report any theft or attempted theft, or damage caused by intentional acts, riots or vehicle impact. Contact the Allianz Claims Call Centre on 13 10 13 and advise the Claims Consultant of what has happened: the Claims Consultant will help you through thelandlord insurance claimsprocess.
No. To lodge alandlord insurance claim, all you have to do is call Allianz and we will take the details over the phone.
If you are making a landlord building and/or contents claim, we’ll let you know if you need to get replacement quotes or not, as this depends on the type of claim you make. If you are required to do so, our claims team will assist with the process.
Retain receipts, instruction booklets or any other documents that can help provide evidence of your ownership in the event of a claim. Retain a copy of you written rental agreement and details of the bond held and any notices provided to tenants. Claims staff will require this for loss of rent claims. Retain copies of any property inspection reports. Your claims consultant will advise you of what is required to help us process your claim quickly.
We’ll choose to either replace or reinstate your contents or pay you a cash settlement.
Call us as soon as possible on 13 10 13 and advise the Claims Consultant of what has occurred. Try to get names and addresses of witnesses, if any, to the event which has brought about the claim. Don't make any admissions of liability and don’t attempt to settle any claim made against you. The Claims Consultant will advise you of what steps you need to take and will assist you through thelandlord insurance claimprocess.