CTP NSW Claims

Making a claim

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and wish to make a claim for your injuries, see below.

You may be able to make a CTP claim with Allianz if:

  1. You have suffered an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault; and
  2. The vehicle at fault in the accident was insured by Allianz CTP.

If you do not know whether Allianz is the CTP insurer, please contact us on the number below and we will advise you whether Allianz is the CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault.

Things you need to do before you can make a claim

  1. Obtain the registration details of the vehicles involved in the accident.
  2. Report the accident to the police within 28 days after the accident if the police did not attend the accident scene. You can report the accident to the NSW Police by contacting the Police Assistance Line on 131 444, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Once you have obtained this information, you can make a claim. If you have any questions about obtaining this information, please contact us using the below details.

Contact Us


Call us on 1300 131 319

Call us


You can email us on CTP_NSW_Rego

Email us


Send a fax to 02 9266 7153


Contact us via post to Allianz Australia,
NSW CTP Claims Department,
GPO Box 4629, Sydney,
NSW 2001

How to make a claim

If you wish to make a claim, complete and send to us a Notice of Accident Claim form. The following is a guide to assist you on how to complete the form. If you require assistance or have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.

  1. Print a copy of the Notice of Accident Claim Form – Non Fatal. If you are unable to print this form, please contact us and we will send the form to you. The form should be sent to us as soon possible as the law sets time limits for making a claim.
  2. The form includes a medical certificate, which is required to be completed and signed by a registered medical practitioner.
  3. If you are making a claim for funeral expenses or claiming for losses or expenses incurred as a relative or a dependant of a person who died in a motor vehicle accident, then you should complete aCompensation to Relatives Claim Form.
  4. Once the claim form is completed, you will need to sign it. If you are under 18 years of age, someone over the age of 18 years should sign it on your behalf.
  5. If your injury is more serious, you may need to complete aPersonal Injury Claim Form. You may contact us to discuss which form you are required to submit, or submit the Accident Notification Formand later we can assist you in completing the Personal Injury Claim Form.
  6. Once you have completed the form, please forward it to the following address:

    Allianz Australia
    NSW CTP Claims Department
    GPO Box 4629
    Sydney, NSW 2001

Remember, if you have any questions, call us on 1300 131 319, we are there to assist you.

Claims forms

Accident Notification Form

If you wish to make a claim, complete and send this form to us.

Personal Injury Claims Form

If your injury is more serious, you may need to complete this form.

Compensation to Relatives Claim Form

Use this form to make a claim for a fatal accident

What happens next after I have sent my claim form to Allianz?

  1. As soon as we receive your claim form, we will contact you and provide you with a claim reference number and the name and contact details of the person who will be responsible for the management of your claim.
  2. We will make enquiries into the circumstances of the accident and ensure that the Allianz insured driver is at fault. We are required to determine liability as soon as possible.
  3. We will assist you with your reasonable and necessary medical treatment and provide you with rehabilitation to assist you in your recovery.
  4. Please remember to keep your accounts and receipts and provide copies to us. We will pay medical accounts promptly upon receipt, if we have accepted liability.
  5. We may also need to obtain medical reports and other information to assess your claim. If we do, we will discuss these with you.
  6. Once we have received all of the necessary information to assess your claim, we will contact you to discuss settlement.

At any stage of the claims process we encourage you to contact the person managing your claim.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, the government imposes time limits for making a CTP claim. Please contact us if you require further information about the time limit to make your claim.
We will send you a letter advising you of your claim reference number and the name and contact details of the person who will be responsible for the management of your claim. In addition, your claims consultant will also contact you promptly via phone when we receive your claim. We will also keep you up to date on the progress of your claim on a regular basis.
We may need to contact you to obtain an update on the progress of any treatment and we may also need to obtain further documents from you to assess your claim. We will discuss with you the need for any of this additional information.