If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and wish to make a claim for your injuries, see below.
You may be able to make a CTP claim with Allianz if:
- You have suffered an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault; and
- The vehicle at fault in the accident was insured by Allianz CTP.
If you do not know whether Allianz is the CTP insurer, please contact us on 1300 131 319 and we will advise you whether Allianz is the CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault.
There are strict timeframes in relation to making a claim if you were injured before 1 December 2017. Please contact us if you require more information.
What do I need to do before I can make a claim?
- Ensure the accident has been reported to the Police (if they did not attend the accident.) You can report the accident to the NSW Police by contacting the Police Assistance Line on 131 444, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tell the police you were injured in the accident and get the police event number of the accident.
- Obtain the registration details of the vehicles involved in the accident.
Once you have obtained this information, you can complete the Personal Injury Claim Form. If you have any questions about obtaining this information, please contact us on 1300 131 319.
How do I make a claim?
If you wish to make a claim, complete and send to us a Personal Injury Claim Form. The following is a guide to assist you on how to complete the form. If you require assistance or have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Print a copy of the Personal Injury Claim Form. If you are unable to print this form, please contact us and we will send the form to you. The form should be sent to us as soon possible as the law sets time limits for making a claim.
- The form includes a medical certificate, which is required to be completed and signed by a registered medical practitioner.
- If you are making a claim for funeral expenses or claiming for losses or expenses incurred as a relative or a dependant of a person who died in a motor vehicle accident, then you should complete a Compensation to Relatives Claim Form.
- Once the claim form is completed, you will need to sign it. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 years should sign it on your behalf.
- Once you have completed the form, please forward it to the following address:
NSW CTP Claims Department
GPO Box 4629
Sydney, NSW 2001
Remember, if you have any questions, call us on 1300 131 319. We are there to assist you.
Personal Injury Claims Form
If your injury is more serious, you may need to complete this form
Compensation to Relatives Claim Form
Use this form to make a claim for a fatal accident
What happens next after I have sent my claim form to Allianz?
- We will contact you within 3 business days after we have received your claim form. We will send you a letter advising you of your claim reference number and the name and contact details of the person who will be responsible for supporting your recovery journey. We will also keep you up to date on the progress of your claim and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.
- If your claim was lodged more than 6 months after the date of accident, you may be asked to provide an explanation for the claim being delayed.
- We will make enquiries into the circumstances of the accident and determine whether the Allianz insured driver is at fault. We are required to determine liability as soon as possible.
- We will let you know your entitlements and your claim will be assessed accordingly.