NSW Green Slip

Cover for any liability you incur for injuries caused in a motor vehicle accident.
Get a quote

Purchase CTP

Renew my insurance

Update my ITC status

Make a claim

Choosing Allianz for your Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance

Why choose Allianz for your NSW CTP Green Slips?

  • Up to $250,000 At Fault Driver Protection at no extra cost (eligibility criteria applies*)
  • eGreen payment facility enabling you to register your vehicle online at the RMS within minutes
  • Competitive rates for drivers over the age of 30
  • A team of CTP claims specialists, that will handle your claims quickly and fairly
  • Confidence of being insured with one of the world’s leading insurers

What is At Fault Driver Protection insurance?

When you purchase your Allianz CTP Green Slip, you may be entitled to receive a bonus At Fault Driver protection policy *. Where applicable, this additional policy is included at no extra cost and provides up to $250,000 cover for certain serious injuries you may sustain if you are the at fault driver in an accident. Benefits are payable in addition to any entitlements you may recover under the NSW CTP Scheme.

Eligible vehicle classes are Class 1, 3c and 5, where the vehicle age is not more than 10 years old. Under 25 years old drivers are excluded.

See At Fault Driver Policy Document here for more information

Get your NSW
Green Slip today

Get a quote

You can call us on 13 1000
7am – 7pm AEST/AEDT, weekdays
9am – 3pm AEST/AEDT, Saturday.

NSW CTP Taxi Reforms

Important information for NSW taxi owners

Learn more

CIC Allianz CTP Insurance

Important information regarding the removal of CIC Allianz CTP Insurance

Learn more

NSW CTP Scheme Reforms

NSW CTP Scheme Reform 2017: In December 2017, the NSW Government amended the CTP Scheme to better support people injured in motor vehicle accidents on NSW roads. The new scheme is focused on early support and recovery.

Questions about CTP cover

The Green Slip covers all injured people, regardless of fault (unless you are charged with a serious driving offence).

You will be able to claim up to 6 months (26 weeks) of:
  • a percentage of your pre-injury weekly income if you need time off work
  • reasonable and necessary treatment and rehabilitation expenses
  • commercial attendant care if you need help around the home while you recover.

If you’re not at fault and your injuries are more serious, you may be able to claim benefits beyond 6 months.

CTP insurance does not cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property
Yes. Provided your vehicle is registered in NSW, your Allianz Green Slip covers you for injuries you might cause to other road users 24 hours a day, Australia wide. The amount of compensation payable depends on the law in the state where the accident occurs.
You may only change your CTP insurance provider at the commencement of each registration period. Once your CTP Green Slip has been used to register your vehicle, the only way that you will be able to change insurers is by cancelling and re-establishing your registration (see “How do I cancel my CTP policy?”).
Your CTP Green Slip will cover your vehicle as long as it is registered. To cancel your Green Slip, you must first cancel your registration with the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). Once deregistered, the RMS will provide you with a letter which can be used as proof that your vehicle’s registration has been cancelled. Once this letter is provided, your CTP insurer can then process your policy cancellation and refund any unused portion of the premium.
No. CTP Insurance is attached to the motor vehicle registration. The CTP Insurance will be transferred to the next registered owner.
If your vehicle is deregistered due to a total loss or having been stolen, we will refund any unused portion of your CTP premium less a processing fee once we have been provided with proof of deregistration

Understanding CTP insurance

All registered vehicles including cars, trucks, motor bikes and motor scooters require CTP insurance. Trailers do not as they are covered by the towing vehicle’s CTP insurance.
State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) regulates the CTP market and has issued 5 licenses to insurers for the sale of CTP in NSW. CTP insurance is defined by the Motor Accidents Injuries Act 2017 and, as such, coverage provided by all insurers is essentially the same although some insurers may offer At Fault Driver Protection as an additional benefit to their policy holders. The SIRA prescribes a number of factors that all insurers must apply when setting their premiums. Insurers can supplement these factors with additional criteria that are deemed appropriate to determining appropriate premium levels. These factors include: the location in which the insured vehicle is garaged, your driving history, the age of all drivers of your vehicle, the age of your vehicle, the type of vehicle being insured, the purpose for which your vehicle is used and your entitlement to claim an Input Tax Credit on your CTP premium.
The Fund Levy is a part of your CTP premium under the new scheme. It covers your ambulance and initial hospital fees, as well as lifetime care for the severely injured. It also preserves funding for future treatment and care for those who are seriously injured and not at fault in the accident. The Fund Levy consists of Motor Accidents Operational (MAF) Fund, Lifetime Care & Support Scheme (LTCS) Fund & Motor Accidents Injuries Treatment & Care (MAITC) Fund. If you have other questions about your premium or need help with a claim, please call CTP Assist on 1300 656 919 (8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday). Or you can email ctpassist@sira.nsw.gov.au
Customers that use their vehicle as part of a GST registered business have been able to claim back the GST portion of their CTP premium from the Australia Taxation Office as an input tax credit (ITC) when lodging their business activity statements. Due to different tax treatments, the cost to the insurer of claims made by ITC entitled customers is higher than that for customers who are not entitled to an ITC. For this reason, CTP insurers charge a higher premium to GST registered customers that are entitled to an ITC. If you are registered for GST purposes and are able to claim the input tax credit on the premium, you must answer “yes” to the question “Is anyone entitled to claim an input tax credit on this vehicle?” This is the case even if you do not intend to claim the input tax credit. For further information contact www.ato.gov.au or speak to your taxation advisor.