CTP Insurance

Cover for any liability you incur for injuries caused in a motor vehicle accident.
Select my state

What is CTP Insurance?

Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) insurance covers your liability and the liability of anyone else who drives your vehicle for injuries you may have caused to other road users in a motor accident. CTP insurance is required before you can register your vehicle.

Important: CTP insurance does not cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property.

Select my state


  • Savings for drivers 30 years and over
  • At fault driver protection*
  • A team of CTP claims specialists

Queensland CTP

  • Up to $1,000,000 At Fault Driver Protection*
  • Competitive rates for all vehicle types
  • A team of CTP claims specialists


  • A team of CTP claims specialists
  • Access claims forms

CTP Insurance Explained

Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP), also known as a Green Slip in NSW, is required in order to register your vehicle. Provided your vehicle is registered, your CTP insurance covers your liability for injuries you may cause to other road users as a result of a motor vehicle accident that is your fault.

In NSW and QLD, CTP insurance also provides some cover for certain injuries you as the driver might sustain if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident that is your fault.*

      CTP insurance does not cover any damage caused to property

NSW CTP Taxi Reforms

Important information for NSW taxi owners

Learn more

CIC Allianz CTP Insurance

Important information regarding the removal of CIC Allianz CTP Insurance

Learn more

NSW CTP Scheme Reforms

NSW CTP Scheme Reform 2017: In December 2017, the NSW Government amended the CTP Scheme to better support people injured in motor vehicle accidents on NSW roads. The new scheme is focused on early support and recovery.