Save up to 10%*2,3

on your first year's premium when you buy a new Business Insurance Pack policy online.

What is insurance for Real Estate Agents?

As a real estate agent, you determine the ins and outs of the sale and management of client properties. Not only do you need to keep on top of the market, your portfolio, and your clients’ needs, but you may also have to deal with complex legal documentation and constant travel. Each of these activities raises unique risks, so it’s important to help protect yourself with the right insurance.

Understanding and finding the right insurance for your Real Estate agency can be confusing, let us help. Read on to learn how Allianz insurance covers can protect your business.

Fast, Simple and Convenient

Instant Certificate of Currency

Your proof of insurance, Certificate of Currency (COC), will be emailed instantly after purchase.

Pay by the Month at no extra charge*1

Pay monthly or annually at no extra charge to suit you and your cash flow.

Specialist Business Experts

Our experts can give general advice and help to arrange your business insurance. Call 1300 131 000 to talk to a business specialist.

Excellence in Claims

We're here when you need to make a claim.

You can submit a claim online 24/7 or call 13 10 13 to commence the claims process.

Allianz was awarded the 2019 Mansfield Gold award for Overall Excellence in Claims.

Real Estate Agent Insurance Covers:

Public Liability Insurance

Allianz Public Liability Insurance, also known as Public and Products Liability Insurance, covers you if a member of the public is injured, or their property damaged, at your business premises or while using your products or services. It covers compensation you are legally liable to pay plus your reasonable legal fees.

Accidents can happen, especially when interacting with customers or clients. As a real estate agent your daily activities involve visits to clients’ properties, as well as clients coming to visit you in your office. If a potential buyer injures themselves in your office, or you accidentally damage a client’s property, you could be held legally liable.

Public Liability Insurance is automatically included in a Business Insurance Pack policy when you quote online. For help with your quote, or to get a Business Insurance Pack quote without Public Liability cover, please contact our specialist small business team on 1300 131 000.

Show more

Commercial Vehicle Insurance4

As you’re on the road visiting clients and showing properties, your car is likely to be one of the most expensive things you use in your business, so it’s important to protect it.

Allianz Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle insurance can protect your vehicle in the event of accidental damage or theft, and cover your legal liability for damage to third party property caused by your vehicle.

Choose from 3 types of cover: Comprehensive, Fire and Theft or Third Party Property Damage only.

Helpful Tip: Do you use your personal vehicle for business use? Your personal car insurance may not cover you for damage to other cars or your own vehicle when used in connection for business. Check your personal car policy to see if you are covered.

Call Allianz to cover up to 20 vehicles on 1300 131 000, or buy online and add up to 2 vehicles, when you buy your Public and Products Liability insurance with a Business Insurance Pack.

Show more

Electronic Equipment Insurance

Allianz Electronic Equipment insurance is designed to help keep your Real Estate business up and running even if computers or communication devices break down. This covers both equipment repair, and hire of temporary equipment if necessary.

The coordination of house viewings, advertisements and applications is an essential part of the job for Real Estate agents, and these all rely on a network of computers and other communication electronics. If electronics break down, not only does this leave you with a repair cost, but also a major loss of productivity and client information. Cost of restoring data can be purchased as an additional optional cover under Electronic Equipment Insurance.

Show more

Get your cover in one place with our Business Insurance Pack

Our packs start with Public Liability, then you can customise your policy to suit your business.

Public Liability

Public Liability Insurance helps to protect you if you become legally liable to pay compensation for injury to third parties, or damage to their property, during the course of your work. Plus, covers your reasonable legal costs to defend a claim raised against you.

Additional Covers

Commercial Vehicle

Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance covers accidental damage or theft of your business vehicles, and damage they may cause to third party property.

Electronic Equipment

Cover for the repair or replacement of electronic equipment in your office, such as servers, computers and hard drives, in case of breakdown.

Commercial Property

Cover for accidental damage to your commercial property, contents or stock, as a result of insured events such as a storm, fire or vandalism.

Business Interruption

Covers your lost income, profit or turnover if your business has to close as a result of unforeseen and defined insured events, like fire or storm.

Available when you insure Commercial Property.

General Property

Covers the cost of repairing or replacing tools of your trade or equipment in the event they are accidentally damaged at any location worldwide (unless otherwise noted).


Covers the cost of repairing or replacing accidentally broken glass at your business premises, such as office windows, glass partitions, and skylights.

Management Liability

Choose from up to 4 covers, to protect your business against

  • Claims of wrongful acts by management (Directors & Officers Liability)
  • Employment practises breaches (Employment Practises Liability)
  • Theft by employees (Crime)
  • Fees incurred if your taxes are audited (Tax Audit)

This is a limited summary of some of our Business Insurance Pack covers only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)/Policy Wording, Supplementary PDS (where applicable) & PDS update (privacy notice) which are available on this website

Workers Compensation

If your business has employees, Workers Compensation insurance is mandatory in all Australian States and Territories. Workers Compensation insurance can cover your employees if they are involved in a workplace accident. Allianz will work to support your business through the claims management process.

Please note that Workers Compensation insurance is not available under the Business Insurance Pack and will need to be purchased as an additional policy.

Learn more

Before you buy

Considerations for Real Estate Agents:

  • Your Real Estate license may require you to hold a certain amount of Management Liability insurance – check the requirements for your state.
  • If you rent your office premises, your lease may specify the minimum amount of public liability cover you’re required to have.
  • Your lease or landlord may also specify a minimum amount of glass cover.
More cover options

Can’t find the cover that you need online? We have an extended range of insurance covers available through our team of specialists. We're open 8:00am - 7:30pm Monday-Friday AEST

   1300 131 000

We Provide Business
Insurance for: