How we can support you
If you’re in financial difficulty and are finding it difficult to pay your premium, we can offer:
- A policy health check to review your cover
- Extend your payment due dates
- Change your policy from annual to monthly payments
If you have a new or existing claim and are unable to pay the excess upfront, let us know and we can offer:
- Instalment payments
- Deduct the excess from a claim in the event of a cash settlement.
Natural disasters and urgent financial assistance
If you have made a natural disaster claim and need urgent financial support, let us know us about your situation. We may:
- Fast-track our assessment of your claim
- Fast-track the process we follow to make a decision about your claim
- Provide you with an emergency payment to provide for your immediate needs
Support paying debt owed to us
If you owe us a debt related to a claim event and are unable to pay, you can apply for financial hardship support. Depending on your circumstances we may:
- Put the debt recovery on hold
- Waive your debt (where agreed)
These measures are also available if one of our debt collectors is already working with you. Ask for information about our financial hardship process.
How to apply for support
If you’re going through financial hardship, please contact us today and talk to us about your situation.
- Payment options for your premiums 13 1000
- Claims excess and natural disasters 13 10 13
- Repaying debt owed to us 1300 489 715
Access to community support services
The National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service helping customers get back on track with their finances. They can connect you with professional financial counsellors who offer a free, independent and confidential service.