How we can support you
If you’re in financial difficulty and are finding it difficult to pay your premium, we can:
- Offer a policy health check to review your cover
- Extend your payment due dates
- Change your policy from annual to monthly payments
Depending on the policy you hold with us, other options may also be available to you. Please contact us to discuss.
If you have a new or existing claim and are unable to pay the excess upfront, let us know and we can:
- Offer instalment payments
- Deduct the excess from a claim in the event of a cash settlement.
Support paying debt owed to us
If you owe us a debt related to a claim event and are unable to pay, you can apply for financial hardship support. Depending on your circumstances we may:
- Put the debt recovery on hold
- Waive your debt (where agreed)
These measures are also available if one of our debt collectors is already working with you.
Contact us for information about our financial hardship process.
Experiencing urgent financial need
If you have made a natural disaster claim and are experiencing urgent financial need, let us know us about your situation. We may:
- Fast-track our assessment of your claim
- Fast-track the process we follow to make a decision about your claim
- Provide you with an emergency payment to provide for your immediate needs
Life insurance claims
If you have a new or existing life insurance claim and are in urgent financial need, let us know about your situation. We may be able to either fast-track our assessment of your claim, or fast-track our decision-making process, as long as you can reasonably demonstrate both of the following:
- You are in urgent financial need of the benefit of the claim
- Your need is a result of the condition that has caused the claim
Depending on the policy you hold with us, other options may also be available to you. Contact us to discuss.
How to apply for support
If you’re going through financial hardship, please contact us today and talk to us about your situation.
- Payment options for your premiums 13 1000
- Claims excess 13 10 13
- Repaying debt owed to us 1300 489 715
- Natural disasters claims 13 10 13
- Life insurance claim 1300 362 108
Access to community support services
The National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service helping customers get back on track with their finances. They can connect you with professional financial counsellors who offer a free, independent and confidential service.