Dealing with the loss of a loved one is a difficult time.
We are here to help.
Coping with the loss of a loved one is one of life’s biggest challenges and can feel overwhelming. When someone passes away, it's important you notify us so their assets can continue to be protected. We’ve created this guide to help you manage any insurance policies connected with a deceased estate, so that you have more space to grieve.
How to Notify us
Please email our customer service team with the following documentation. If possible, please include all known policy numbers of the deceased person.
We require the following two documents:
If you do not have these documents, you can send us:
- A certified copy of the Grant of Letters of Administration or Grant of Probate
- A certified copy of the Executor / Administrator photo identification
- A certified copy of the death certificate
- A certified copy of the Will, if one was left
- A certified copy of your photo identification
- A letter from a solicitor stating:
a. you are the Executor appointed under the Will and a Grant of Probate is not being sought, or
b. you are the next of kin and would have been appointed as Administrator should a Grant of Letters of Administration been made but one is not being sought.
We may also require other documents in addition to the above.
Why you need to let us know
It is important to notify us that your loved one has passed away so that you can:
- Cancel or replace the policy or policies
- Request changes to the policy or policies
- Make or extend payments
- Make a claim, or continue to progress an existing one
- Request a copy of the Certificate of Insurance
How long does it take?
Once we have received all your documents, we will be able to process your request and come back to you within 10 working days.
What if I don’t have the documentation required?
Call us on 132 664 and our friendly customer support team will do what we can to support you.