CTP insurance provides the following cover Australia-wide, 24 hours a day:
- Injuries caused to passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and other road users, including drivers who are not at fault.
- Injuries caused through the use of a trailer when attached to a registered vehicle.
- Does not cover damage to vehicles or other property.
- Compensation may be reduced for victims who ignore certain basic road rules.
- Does not compensate an injured driver that is entirely at fault.
An insured person may not be entitled to cover if the insured person breaches the statutory warranties under the statutory CTP policy of insurance for example, driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. A copy of the policy of insurance is available here.