- Allianz Australia is pleased to announce the appointment of Wolfgang Deichl as its new Chief Financial Officer effective 15 November 2021.
- Wolfgang joins from Allianz Germany, where he has been the Chief Accountant and Chief Actuary since 2016. In this role, Wolfgang was responsible for the financial reporting of more than 200 legal entities that make up the Allianz German Group, as well as the Reserving and Actuarial functions for the Life, Health and Property & Casualty insurance carriers within the Group.
- Wolfgang has held a number of CFO and Chief Risk Officer positions within Allianz Group since 2008, including the role of Regional CFO for Central and Eastern Europe, and served as a Director for the Group.
- Commenting on Wolfgang’s appointment, Allianz Australia Managing Director Richard Feledy said: “It is an exciting time to be joining Allianz Australia, and I am pleased to welcome Wolfgang Deichl to the role of Chief Financial Officer.
- “Wolfgang brings to Allianz Australia his extensive experience in senior financial and risk advisory roles at Allianz Group, which will help in strengthening and growing local operations, allowing the broader team to deliver on our strategic objectives of offering customer-centric, simplified products and services. This appointment reinforces Allianz’s presence and importance in the Australian market; we are fortunate to have Wolfgang join our team.”
- Paul Harvey has been acting in the role of CFO since May 2021 when Mark Raumer departed Allianz Australia. He will return to his previous role of Financial Controller.
About Allianz Australia
Allianz Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the worldwide Allianz Group. The Allianz Group is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with corporate customers in more than 70 countries. Allianz customers benefit from a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life, and health insurance to assistance services, credit insurance and global business insurance. Thanks to our systematic integration of ecological and social criteria in our business processes and investment decisions, we are among the leaders in the insurance industry in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Any opinions expressed constitute our views at the time of issue and are subject to change. Neither Allianz, nor its employees or directors give any warranty of accuracy or accept responsibility for any loss or liability incurred by you in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this article.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.