- Allianz Marine & Transit Underwriting Agency (AM&T), Allianz Australia’s specialist commercial marine underwriting agency, is pleased to announce the appointment of Ben Morgan as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective 1 July 2021.
- Ben brings to the role extensive industry and business-specific knowledge, with almost two decades’ marine insurance experience, with nine of those years at AM&T across a variety of sales, underwriting and management roles. Ben currently holds the role of General Manager, Underwriting, where he has been responsible for delivering market-leading customer service, which builds on the Underwriting proposition at AM&T.
- Commenting on Ben’s appointment, Allianz Australia, General Manager, Underwriting Agencies, Jenny Bax said: “Ben’s deep knowledge of marine insurance combined with his diligence and overall passion for the industry and for AM&T, makes him a natural fit as the agency’s new leader. I look forward to continuing to work with Ben, in a new capacity, and upholding AM&T as a trusted partner to insurance brokers and their clients. I would also like to thank Stephen Ford for his enormous contribution to AM&T in his role as CEO for the past decade, in which he helped establish AM&T’s high-performing team in this complex industry segment. Stephen’s unwavering dedication will be missed by the Allianz family and he leaves with our best wishes.”
- In response, Ben said: “I am very proud to be taking on the role of CEO, and maintaining AM&T’s continuity and consistency during a time of ongoing industry change. AM&T is a key part of the intermediated distribution strategy for Allianz in Australia; and the AM&T team and I look forward to sustaining our market position by continuing to enhance and adapt the successful business that has flourished under Steve’s leadership. Fostering our partner relationships will continue to be our priority. We look forward to continuing to provide the responsiveness and service that our brokers and customers need and expect, developing our people, and of course working closely alongside our One Allianz partners."
- AM&T is an Underwriting Agency of Allianz, and is a specialist in the Australian marine and transit insurance market. For more information on AM&T, visit the .
About Allianz Australia
Allianz Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the worldwide Allianz Group. The Allianz Group is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with corporate customers in more than 70 countries. Allianz customers benefit from a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life, and health insurance to assistance services, credit insurance and global business insurance. Thanks to our systematic integration of ecological and social criteria in our business processes and investment decisions, we are among the leaders in the insurance industry in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Any opinions expressed constitute our views at the time of issue and are subject to change. Neither Allianz, nor its employees or directors give any warranty of accuracy or accept responsibility for any loss or liability incurred by you in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this article.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.