Property Insurance - Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I need to make a claim?
- Take precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability
- Contact the police as soon as possible to report any theft or attempted theft, or damage caused by intentional acts, riots or vehicle impact.
- Notify us of your claim online, or call our claims department on 13 10 13 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.
Do I have to get replacement quotes?
One of our consultants will discuss this with you when they receive your online claim or when you call to make your claim.
What proof of ownership documents do I need?
Documents such as purchase receipts, credit card statements and owner’s handbooks will help. When you speak to a claims consultant, they’ll let you know what you need to provide to help us process your claim.
How will my possessions be replaced?
We organise the quotes and replacement of your possessions and do most of the leg work for you.
What should I do if someone makes a claim against me?
- Notify us of your claim online as soon as possible, or call our claims department on 13 10 13 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.
- Try to get names and addresses of witnesses, if there are any.
- Don’t make any admissions of liability and don’t attempt to settle any claim made against you.