- The Allianz Group has had a climate strategy in place since 2005 to actively support the global transition to a low-carbon economy. Allianz implements its climate strategy in its insurance, investment and asset management divisions and in its business operations, and was one of the first insurance companies to set itself climate goals, currently in line to the Paris Climate Agreement target to limit warming to well-below 2 degrees.
- As part of our long-term commitment, Allianz was a founding member of the UN-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance, making a commitment to reduce the carbon emissions of our investment portfolios to net-zero by 2050. In 2018, Allianz also joined the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) commitment to achieving a carbon-free economy. At this time, Allianz withdrew from providing Property and Casualty insurance for single coal-fired power plants and coal mines (operational or planned) and we are phasing out coal entirely across our business. Allianz has taken these steps because we understand that effective climate change response requires immediate action and ongoing change as the global economy shifts.
- Allianz will continue to regularly review our strategies and further integrate sustainability into our core business in the coming years. To this end, we work together with other investors as well as scientists, governments and maintain a regular dialogue with NGOs.
- PIMCO is an investment management company owned by Allianz SE, however, we cannot comment on the client mandates of our subsidiaries for reasons of confidentiality.
- Further information about Allianz’s global approach to sustainability can be viewed at .
About Allianz Australia
Allianz Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the worldwide Allianz Group. The Allianz Group is one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers with corporate customers in more than 70 countries. Allianz customers benefit from a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life, and health insurance to assistance services, credit insurance and global business insurance. Thanks to our systematic integration of ecological and social criteria in our business processes and investment decisions, we are among the leaders in the insurance industry in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Any opinions expressed constitute our views at the time of issue and are subject to change. Neither Allianz, nor its employees or directors give any warranty of accuracy or accept responsibility for any loss or liability incurred by you in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this article.
We're here to help
Give us a call, or send us a message
Follow us on
Any advice here does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision about this insurance, consider the relevant for this insurance are available on this website. We do not provide any form of advice if you call us to enquire about or purchase a product.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 is the insurer of any general insurance products offered, and Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited ABN 27 076 033 782 AFS Licence No. 296559 is the insurer of any life insurance products offered. Each entity is responsible for any statements and representations made about its products, on this website.