These days, getting a car insurance quote for your vehicle is relatively simple and straightforward. There are just a couple of pieces of information you’ll need to complete - and most quotes can be done online.
It only takes a few minutes to get a comprehensive car insurance quote. It’ll be even quicker if you have certain bits of information handy.
Whether you get your quote car insurance online or over the phone, you’ll be asked to answer a number of questions. The number of questions will help determine a more accurate quote, and the online Allianz car insurance form is one of the more detailed. A bit of time there could save you money long term.
The basic questions include:
- The date you wish the car insurance policy to begin: it must be within the next 30 days
- Where the vehicle is parked overnight, and whether it’s in a garage, carport, or on the road
- Details of the driver(s), including the year they got their Australian driver’s licence
- The make, model, year, colour and weekly mileage of the vehicle
- Any modifications to the vehicle
- How the vehicle is financed
- Whether it is used for business or private use
- Your No Claims Bonus status
- Your residential and employment status
Your car insurance
quote will end with the options available, then an annual and pay-by-month quote will be generated.
If using the online car insurance quote
service, you can save your quote for later. For a quote over the phone, call 13 1000 between 8.30am and 5pm (AEST/AEDT) Monday to Friday.