The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world. Representing an international network of strong brands with first class products, Allianz brings together the expertise of specialists in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, asset management and banking.
Founded in 1890 in Berlin, Allianz is now present through its subsidiary companies in more than 70 countries with over 144,000 employees and 78 million customers. At the top of the international group is the holding company, Allianz SE, with its head office in Munich.
In fiscal year 2012, Allianz's total revenues amounted to some $106.4 billion euros.
Allianz Group is:
- among the top 30 of the world's largest corporations based on revenues
- among the largest insurers based on market cap
- the world's largest Property and Casualty insurer based on revenues
- among the world's top 5 leading second largest active asset managers based on total assets managed
- the leading strategic partner to the automotive industry, servicing over 40 car brands in more than 25 countries
- Europe's largest insurer based on market capitalisation
- Germany's largest financial institution based on market capitalisation
- among the top 5 international joint ventures in China
As one of the largest providers of international corporate insurance, Allianz insures almost half the majority of the Global Fortune 500 companies.
For more information, visit the Allianz Group